Mobile Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Question

I have been grooming for 11 years and I love it. I have always worked in a salon. I have seen the inside of some mobile vans. I always thought I wouldn't like mobile grooming. But after listening to everyone talk about mobile grooming I am starting to have a change of heart. So I am gonna ask a strange question.....I would like to ride along with a mobile groomer for a day and see what its really all about. Is there anyone out there who would let me ride with them for a day and see whats its really like? I would love it if someone would alllow me to. I will say I am not looking to steal clients or anything like that. JUst ask some questions and get a general ideal how your day goes. Currently I work in a salon in Volusia county. I have no serious plans of becoming mobile anytime soon. If there are any mobiles in Central Florida willing to do this please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Erika

I hope that someone is able to help you out. I think anyone who is interested in mobile should at least take on a ride along in each time of van they are considering. Everyone has different needs and likes. Good luck to you.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

That's not a strange question at all! In fact, it's recommended!

If I lived anywhere near you, I'd let you ride along with me. I'm SURE that someone in your area will agree to it.

After working mobile, I could NEVER go back to salon again. Not that there isn't wonderful comraderie in some salons, but I'm a little more independent. I don't mind working alone most of the day, and I get a better feel for the client since they have allowed me a glimpse into THEIR world.

Mobile seems much more personal and I love that. Definitely look into it. I was fortunate enough to figure out early in my career that this was the right path for me.

God bless,
      Jodie
      Last edited by BeyondBlessed; 01-17-07, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I am in the Oviedo area and you are WELCOME to ride along with me. I am about 40 minutes from Daytona.

Comment

Go to www.unitedmobilepetgroomers.com

We are group of mobile groomes all over Florida and some other states. There are at least 40 mobile groomers in the central Florida area and most of them are listed there...You could have your pick of all different ways to see mobile grooming then...
          Making Central Florida Pawsitively Purrfect since 2005.

Comment

I FINALLY got to ride along with one, and it was fun, but freezing! Her generator's been "being serviced" since September, so she plugs in everywhere. She keeps her mechanicals to a mninmum to kep from blowing fuses, so the heat suffered a bit. Beyond that, it was very interesting.

Comment

You may have to go to another area 30 miles from your house to find someone that will let you do a ride-along. If you were near me you could ride with me but I'm in SC and that would be one heck of a commute

Comment

Hey, I am in Brevard County and I would love some company! I have a nice trailer and you are welcome to ride a long. Send me an email with your contact info and we can set something up.

Comment

Working...
                X