Only booking through email, no more telephone calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only booking through email, no more telephone calls

For inquiries from new clients, I'm going to respond to email or text only, not to telephone calls. Anyone else do this?

My voice mail will give basic information and will refer people to my email. Most people already contact me through email or text. Most of the people who leave a voicemail are, for whatever reason, not good potential clients.

I'm excited! No more returning calls to price shoppers and people looking for free grooming advice. My breaking point was last week when I returned a call to a woman who had no idea which groomer I was since she'd called several. When I told her the fee, she said, "Ha! Well, I'll call you if I'm desperate and can't find a cheaper groomer."

I've also found that some owners will start calling around because they can't find a groomer who will agree to do what they want done, which is also a waste of my time since like the other groomers, I usually say no.

My voice mail asks all new clients to fill out an application for an appointment on my website, and current clients to leave a message I have all my prices listed so they know before filling out the form, if they want to pay the price. I no longer have to hear......"let me talk to my husband" after I give them the prices :>)

Happy making life simple

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Now I almost feel silly for waiting this long to make the change.
      I admire the efficiency of your website.

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
      My voice mail asks all new clients to fill out an application for an appointment on my website, and current clients to leave a message I have all my prices listed so they know before filling out the form, if they want to pay the price. I no longer have to hear......"let me talk to my husband" after I give them the prices :>)

Happy making life simple

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Some of the seniors don't do email.

Comment

I don't get many requests from seniors.

Originally posted by Allie View Post
          Some of the seniors don't do email.

Comment

I want to go this way too Emma123. I would say about 50% email me thru my website & my family/friends text me-lol.[emoji6] I do have several clients that don't have emails and even one young couple that do not have cell phones, which in this day and age I have to give them credit for. I look forward to the future of having all of my clients book their appointments online.[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With the popularity of Uber and all the other apps, I think the future of appointment booking for the under 40's is online. People are going to expect it to be available. I'm already behind the curve, which makes me a sad puppy.

Originally posted by cmf07 View Post
              I want to go this way too Emma123. I would say about 50% email me thru my website & my family/friends text me-lol.[emoji6] I do have several clients that don't have emails and even one young couple that do not have cell phones, which in this day and age I have to give them credit for. I look forward to the future of having all of my clients book their appointments online.[emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                With the popularity of Uber and all the other apps, I think the future of appointment booking for the under 40's is online. People are going to expect it to be available. I'm already behind the curve, which makes me a sad puppy.
                It's just the way technology is going and what people expect. It seems there is something new w/ technology everyday-it's hard to keep up! My web designer is awesome and I leave all the "techy" stuff to him. He was not cheap, but he is worth every penny. He has been researching & working on how to set up my website calendar. I just needed to get my business up and running and ck those important tasks/purchases off my list. I'm hoping that I'll be able to begin on-line scheduling later this year.

Comment

I have online booking. I'd love to get rid of my phone. All of my good clients book online or pre-book or book for their 4 week grooming appointment when they're in for their 2 week in between nail trim. Out of 7 dogs today, 5 booked on my website, 1 pre-booked at his last groom, and the other is a new client who walked by and stopped in. It's definitely worth it in my opinion. I'm looking into getting a virtual calling center to answer basic questions so it rings less in the shop.

cmf707, 123pet has free online booking with their cloud program and a free website. It's only $19/month for that with a point of sale system/calendar. Square also offers inexpensive options.

Comment

Do you let new clients book online, or is it only for current clients?

Originally posted by SetterGirl View Post
                    I have online
                    booking. I'd love to get rid of my phone. All of my good clients book online or pre-book or book for their 4 week grooming appointment when they're in for their 2 week in between nail trim. Out of 7 dogs today, 5 booked on my website, 1 pre-booked at his last groom, and the other is a new client who walked by and stopped in. It's definitely worth it in my opinion. I'm looking into getting a virtual calling center to answer basic questions so it rings less in the shop.

cmf707, 123pet has free online booking with their cloud program and a free website. It's only $19/month for that with a point of sale system/calendar. Square also offers inexpensive options.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                      Do you let new clients book online, or is it only for current clients?
                      Right now, I allow all clients, but it's limited and every appointment requires manual approval. The website shuts down the calendar 48 hours before an appointment. So, for example, since today is Thursday at 1pm, the earliest someone could book an appointment would be Saturday at 1:00pm. I currently don't have any left for Saturday, so it shows them Monday options only. For new clients, I call or email before approving. You have to know your clientele really well to have it open for all. I rarely have an extremely matted mess, even for new clients. Probably because the minimum to get a small dog with basic mats in here is $45+$10 matting fee and most nearby salons are $35.

I have ideas for a new site that requires a pin and has more personalized service times and allows clients to pre-pay in exchange for a free add-on. Right now, I have it set to 90 minutes for a small dog haircut. That covers me for any matting, but I have a lot of clients out in 40, so I could technically squeeze them in in 1 hour empty slots, but as of now, those appointments would be denied.

Comment

Working...
                      X