Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grooming large double coated breeds in the home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming large double coated breeds in the home?

Any tips? I tried a few days ago and it was a nightmare. What is your process? And how do you remove the undercoat quickly and effectively?

Originally posted by Rachelakabatman View Post
    Any tips? I tried a few days ago and it was a nightmare. What is your process? And how do you remove the undercoat quickly and effectively?
    Condition, Force Dry, Furminate

Comment

While in the tub bathing, use your slicker brush and rack thru the coat. The loose hair will cling to the brush for easy removal, and not flying around the room. When you HV the dog, you will also get hair flying around (keep bathroom door closed). Just remember, a FurMinator racks the guard hairs and can ruin the coat, so I would throw that tool away. You might think twice before you accept an appointment for a double coated dog, referring it to a salon.

Happy throwing away the FurMinator

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I have tried in the past and it is a nightmare. The shops are just better equipped and i dont want to break my back with a large dog. I just dont feel doing large breeds in the home is ideal. This unique work is suited for small. Just my opinion.
        Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

I use to do "in home" grooming. Personally I refered these breeds to salons. To much work involved to be doing in someones bathtub IMO. Also usually can get a lot of hair all over which is one of the reasons usually why the owners are having them groomed to cut down on the hair in the house.
          It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
          Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Wow that big in a home tub, back breaking. Shops or self service better, and what I mean is this....I actually know a housecall groomer that is paid to TAKE the dog to a self service for the bath, then she grooms it at home,.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post
              I use to do "in home" grooming. Personally I refered these breeds to salons. To much work involved to be doing in someones bathtub IMO. Also usually can get a lot of hair all over which is one of the reasons usually why the owners are having them groomed to cut down on the hair in the house.
              Don't blame you at all, I would refer too.

Comment

If you do them, I would suggest drying them in their garage, too much hair in a Bathroom. Been there, did it!! Noooo.

Comment

Just hit my 14th year in house call grooming and I do not offer large dog grooming. Hard on the bod and stressful clean up, not a good idea. There are plenty of small fur babies to groom, including kitty's, that keep my business going along well.

Comment

Working...
                  X