Nosebleed in client's home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nosebleed in client's home

Well, this is a first. I was at the home of a client when my nose sprung a leak. I mean, blood everywhere. If I turned my head, splatter splatter like a horror movie. I haven't had a nosebleed since I was a child. I had a cold over the past few days and was blowing my nose a lot, so I guess that's the cause. To make it worse, this house is gorgeous and it's all white. White floors. White carpets. White sofas. the house has been in magazines i think. I told the owner I better leave or I'd ruin her house. My things are still there because I was bleeding too much to use both hands to pack up. My nose has finally stopped bleeding, but I can tell it is still on the verge of bleeding again. What's even more disgusting is that I tried tilting my head back -- which it turns out is not a good thing to do -- and the blood ran into the back of my mouth, so I looked like I was spitting out blood.I'm just glad i hadn't started grooming yet. Luckily the client lives very close to me so i just walked home. Wow.

Wow, sounds like a bad one. I hope all goes Ok for you.

Comment

Emma are you OK?

Comment

oh man sorry this happened to you! I hope you are alright. I used to have frequent spontaneous nosebleeds as a child that would last for sometimes 2 hours at a time. I thought I was going to die! Finally had to have my nose cauterized. Only one bad one since. Def NOT a fun experience. I hope the client was nice to you and understanding.

Comment

Thank you for the sympathy. Had a gruesome night last night. Bleeding at 6, stopped at 6:30, bleeding at 10 that didn't stop. I went to the ER at midnight, where it did eventually stop, but what a mess of blood. I wish they'd cauterized my nose. They didn't, which means I might get one again. They did bloodwork to make sure I didn't have platelet issues.
          The client was sweet. She was concerned about me because of the amount of blood.
          I was going to groom a large cat this weekend, but I'm rescheduling because the lifting might open my nose up again.

Comment

Please keep us updated. I am curious why this arose now. Hope you make quick recovery.

Comment

It happened, I guess, because I had a bad cold the week before. I was coughing a lot and also I kept on blowing my nose very energetically. I thought blowing my nose was a good, healthy thing to do to clear myself out, but it seems like you can do it too often and hurt your nose because noses are delicate. What's funny is that in the past, I didn't used to blow my nose much. I'd take DayQuil or something so I didn't feel congested. This time, I wanted to be more "natural" and avoid medication, and it backfired on me big time, ha ha. No bleeding today, but I'm being super careful. I'm not supposed to drink hot liquids, lift anything heavy or bend over at my waist. Drinking hot liquids and lifting heavy things describes a large part of my life, so I'm taking the day off. I really appreciate the concern. I can't lie -- all that blood scared the heck out of me!

Comment

Glad to hear your better.

Comment

Working...
                X