Selling home with in-home grooming salon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling home with in-home grooming salon

My husband and I will be moving and are most likely going to lease our house out with the option to purchase. We turned the garage into a home-grooming salon a few years ago and would hate to see that go to waste. It's sooooo cute! I was thinking of trying to market the house with home business opportunity since we could sell with all the present equipment included. Basically a groomer could move in and start working. I could also give them the names of my present clientele. I just have no idea how to do that! If I just list in on the MLS, it might be hard to get the proper word out or potential buyers might pass it by because it might restrict the sale. Has anyone as a home groomer had any experience with this?

Would appreciate any input or ideas!

Thanks in advance.

Years ago

I almost purchased a home with a grooming shop attached to it(in upstate New York).But I did not buy to far from my family and too much snow. He listed on pet grooming sites,dog world magazine,pet grooming schools,any where pet groomers might be looking for a shop . Where are you located in what state,?. If you decide to go with a Realtor,maybe he/she will list it as a commercial property,if your zone to have a business at home,I'm guessing you are. Good Luck with your sale.

Originally posted by Callen172 View Post
    My husband and I will be moving and are most likely going to lease our house out with the option to purchase. We turned the garage into a home-grooming salon a few years ago and would hate to see that go to waste. It's sooooo cute! I was thinking of trying to market the house with home business opportunity since we could sell with all the present equipment included. Basically a groomer could move in and start working. I could also give them the names of my present clientele. I just have no idea how to do that! If I just list in on the MLS, it might be hard to get the proper word out or potential buyers might pass it by because it might restrict the sale. Has anyone as a home groomer had any experience with this?

Would appreciate any input or ideas!

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I have an idea for you

I sold my last home with my grooming business using a real estate attorney and For Sale By Owner company. It went quick and easy but that was durring the boom. Now I want to move again to some place in the sun; I have found Poulsbo Washington too cool for me although it is a great historical little town on the puget sound and so lush and color full here. But I need more sun shine so I'm now looking for a groomer who would like to trade. My home/grooming business growing at leaps and bounds for the last 4 years for your place in the sun. Where are you located? Why are you moving?

Comment

Thanks for the tips. We're located in Eastern Washington. The grooming business is booming in our area I just wasn't sure how to get the word out.

Comment

List it with an agent the regular way and also place a link to that info here in an ad on this site.
          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Great idea! Thanks Smart-n-Pretty.

Comment

Working...
            X