how do you store/carry your tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you store/carry your tools?

I have a soft sided rolling bag with brush pockets on the inside walls of the bag, but with all of the other stuff I have in the bag (clippers, blade caddy box, hair dryer, scissor case, snap on comb set box, etc.) the brushes are getting squished. How do you all keep all of your stuff in a compact space without crushing your brushes? the bag is pretty big, too, I don't think a larger bag is the answer. I have looked at the metal cases at the Pet Edge outlet (I live nearby), and they just did not have the space for all that I like to keep with me.

I use a couple of different bags.

I like the Outward Hound weekender travel bag, it carries a lot of stuff and has like 18 pockets to hold your shampoos and stuff upright.

http://www.kyjen.com/shop/index.php/...ravel-bag.html

I also use a Catty Bag for my clippers, scissors, combs and brushes. It is a great organizer. I have the leopard print one of course.

http://www.cattybag.com/catty-bag.php

Hope this helps.

Scott

Comment

I use a rolling tool box. Brushes and small items go in the lift out tray, secondary items go underneath then the bottom is for my sprays, shampoo etc. Got it at Wallmart a number of years ago.

Comment

LOVE that cattybag!!!!

Wow, bengalcg, that is terrific! Haven't seen one! Terrific for those who travel with their stuff - thanks!

Comment

I use the medium

Pet Edge rolling, handled, carrier. All my tools (blades, clippers, brushes, nail stuff fit in there. If I'm just going for a bath dog I have a little easy to carry one, and I stick in my nail stuff, Laube Speed feed, a couple of brushes and scissors etc. I put my Hanvey in a 5 gallon Home Depot Bucket with 16 oz shampoos and drain stoppers a towel or two. I like to have more than I need so I have extra stuff in a traxh barrel that rolls. There is all kinds of stuff including my Taxi Vac, a couple of muzzles, bath tub mat for slippery old dogs, hand held dryer, towels etc. Sometimes I put those in a Santa Bag, sometimes I bring in the whole barrel and can put my table folded in it too.

It often depends on the cliient's needs as to what I bring in.
          Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbiedogs View Post
            Wow, bengalcg, that is terrific! Haven't seen one! Terrific for those who travel with their stuff - thanks!
            It is a great bag. It keeps your scissors very safe and secure. You can sometimes find them at various beauty suppy shops.

Scott

Comment

Home Depot/Lowe's

I discovered that there are all sorts of soft-sided tool bags at Lowe's and Home Depot that would work GREAT for carrying and organizing your things--hopefully. I haven't tried them out, but a couple look just like the Catty Bag and are significantly cheaper--plus you don't have to pay shipping! Will let you all know how the one I picked works out.

Comment

Working...
              X