This section is so lonely!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This section is so lonely!

Boy, does anyone post here? The last post ( before mine ) was some time ago.

I hope all the home groomers are still around! Let me know your here if you are! I would love to start up some chat about our experiences!

I groom a few clients dogs in there home. In my opinion I'm not real crazy about doing it in there home. It takes longer, but i enjoy the people I groom for. one is an older couple with a sweet little yorkiepoo. the other is a schnauzer that was a puppy mill rescue. In both places i must say my favorite part is I don't have to clean up.

Comment

uh...

Yeah, we're around but apparently neglecting this section!
      That Tenacious Terrier!
      www.thattenaciousterrier.com
      https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

Waves hand,, I do house call at least 2 days a week, work in a shop 3 days a week.

Comment

Waving both hands in the air!

I am just starting out doing in home grooming, and hope to get more clientele soon- need to advertise a lot more! :-D Yes, this section has been neglected some. :-( But, I'm here!!

Comment

Me too!

I just got out of school 4 months ago and have been slowly building a home grooming clientale. When I was in school I wanted to groom out of my home which I do for a few & one neighbor only. I found out that it is not permitted in my area even though I live in a rual area that allows livestock which we have. I have then decided to get together a mobile grooming trailer. I think it will be alot easier on me having them bring out the dog instead of me bringing all my stuff in and setting up in their house.

Comment

Waving!

Just starting my biz in Jan. Started advertising locally with flyers today!

So excited to get my first call!

Comment

LOL, Still here, just don't log on here to often.

Comment

I'm still running strong!

In fact I am too busy - life just keeps me from stopping by as much as I want to- I ave to get some sleep occasionally

Comment

/mobile groomer pokes her head over the fence

I think its cuz y'all are busy cleaning your customer's houses after bathing their big hairy beasts!

/looks around

This is a nice forum. I really like what you've done to the place!
                    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

I'm here

I'm busy and love Housecall Grooming. I charge enough to not do too many dogs. Oh and big hairies I dry outside, but then I'm in So. California. I just dried and trimmed two dogs on their Patio today.
                      Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I do a total of 6 dogs housecall. Dont really have the time to but the owners are all disabled and cant come to me. I like it once I get there but hate the thought of going...lol. All the owners insist on cleaning up after me although I dont really make too much mess as I put the hair in a rubbish bag as I work. I usually take a small portable grooming table and grooming arm plus a bag with a double k dryer, small bottle of premade shampoo, speed feed clippers, brush, comb, scissors, nail clippers and cologne. The clients supply towels.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post

I think its cuz y'all are busy cleaning your customer's houses after bathing their big hairy beasts!

/looks around

LOL,,,,,, you are too funny puppy!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post

/looks around

First laugh of the morning. 'Preciate it. LOL
                            That Tenacious Terrier!
                            www.thattenaciousterrier.com
                            https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

excited to start

I am new here. I am going to be starting an at home business to build clients with the potential to open up own shop or van someday. Who knows maybe I will like it too much and keep doing it that way. So far I have not heard of any one else doing housecalls, but I am sure there are people who do it and don't have all of there permits and liscenses. Can anyone recommend shampoo equipment? Or is it just easier to use premixed bottles?

Comment

Working...
                              X