Hand Dryers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Dryers

I don't know if anyone does housecall grooming as I do. Living in NYC, I visit apartments and carry my equipment in a rolling cart. Anyway, I've always had a problem finding a hand dryer that is powerful enough. Any suggestions?

Edited.
    Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Oh, my achin' back.

Nicole, that's probably a good dryer, but it's 24 pounds! I actually "hand carry" all my equipment.

Comment

Dryer

Originally posted by gitl View Post
        I don't know if anyone does housecall grooming as I do. Living in NYC, I visit apartments and carry my equipment in a rolling cart. Anyway, I've always had a problem finding a hand dryer that is powerful enough. Any suggestions?
        This one's brand new on the market and the limited feedback I've been able to hear about is has been positive
        http://www.petedge.com/shopping/prod...ProductID=6256

Not super powerful, but better than the dog house one, and more in line with that price range.

Comment

Idoonan, I was thinking about that one, although I don't know how much it weighs. I'll have to call PetEdge. I've ordered two cheaper ones from PetEdge in the past and they were lousy. This one seems more in line with what I want. My hairdresser has a great Turbo hand dryer, but when I priced it, it was $180!!!

Comment

I use a little dryer

For 80 percent of my doggies I use the small portable (wanna be super duck for those who remember) Pet Edge. It's almost like a human hair dryer. With housecall most of my doggies are small and if I use a big ol towel, then a micro fiber towel my dogs are mostly dry. So many are hating the HV so I bring both currently, but have done Eskies, Bichons and such with the little one completely. The warmth, and I ususally use warm, except on a thick coat, helps lots.
            Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Home groom dryers

You mentioned that your hairdresser had a great on at $180 - go to a Beauty Supply house - they are mucho cheaper there or try EBay if you find one that you really like. My beauty supply store let me try 4 of those Turbo dryers as I was concerned that the air would be too hot for pets. Turns out med or cool works just fine. If you find one through that testing method, then go on EBay and see if someone is selling it there. I've found all sorts of grooming stuff that I use all the time much cheaper on EBay ... just a thought

Comment

Great idea Nicollette. Hadn't thought of eBay.

Comment

Edited.
                  Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:18 PM.

Comment

weight

Originally posted by gitl View Post
                    Idoonan, I was thinking about that one, although I don't know how much it weighs. I'll have to call PetEdge. I've ordered two cheaper ones from PetEdge in the past and they were lousy. This one seems more in line with what I want. My hairdresser has a great Turbo hand dryer, but when I priced it, it was $180!!!
                    I'm going to a place today that has them, i'll check the weight and let you know. They're pretty light. I was surprised when I lifted one up, and they also come with a shoulder strap.

Comment

The Metro Dog House dryer is a dryer that works great on the little guys. I have one, and used it for in home and house call grooming for a while and it was great, never had a problem with it. It's only 9,000 FPM (Feet per minute) air flow, but that is MUCH better than a hand dryer, and it is MUCH cheaper than the metro Commander.

SO---if you're on a very tight budget, that little guy will work for a while until you get a little more cash in your pocket. I wouldn't do a collie with it, but it'll work for the little ones and the schnauzers, etc...

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Yay for the Superduck!

Arrooh brought up the superduck (by Comaire), that's what I use for the little guys, couldn't imagine not having it! My HV for the bigger dogs is by double K I think, it's loud and not super powerful but it is light weight and does the job without hurting my back.

Comment

Powerful small dryer

Airforce just recently came out with a 3 lb. model, with shoulder strap. Very powerful for such a small dryer, I was surprised. I would highly recommend it. I have my own housecall business also. You can find it in all the major product magazines

Comment

Powerful small dryer

Airforce just recently came out with a 3 lb. model, with shoulder strap. Very powerful for such a small dryer, I was surprised. I would highly recommend it. I have my own housecall business also. You can find it in all the major product magazines.

Comment

Quick Draw

Originally posted by MissKurly2sharp4U View Post
                              Airforce just recently came out with a 3 lb. model, with shoulder strap. Very powerful for such a small dryer, I was surprised. I would highly recommend it. I have my own housecall business also. You can find it in all the major product magazines.

That's the quick draw dryer I was referring to. Update, I got this one and used it a couple times, maybe 3 at most. Just went to use it today, nothing, dead. I'm contacting the store I got it from first, then going to the mfg if that doesn't work. Now I have to consider not only getting the main round of tools, but also a back up set, since now I'm dead in the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X