Public transit violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public transit violence

I see large crazy men on the subway and streets every day. Yesterday for the 1st time I saw an attack. On the subway, a tall, strong looking man entered the subway car. He looked angry. He focused on a small woman, stood infront of her with a horrible expression, then swung his fist at her face, stopping one inch from smashing in her face. She would have been destroyed. Then he glared around the subway. I was terrified, since these men only attack people who are much smaller thsn they are. I got out at the next station but so did he. He made eye contact with me, and I speed-walked out of the station. I didn't run, because I think he woukd have targeted me if I did. Pure predator.
    There is no way he woukd have been detained, since he stopped just short of punching that poor woman. Even if he had punched her, would have been out on bail immediately.
    Very stressful. I hope that poor women is ok. I am stressed.

Very wrong on too many levels. The worst level is this has been fixed before. And here we are again, scummy dangerous 70’s for NYC. The people eventually will vote for sanity again. It WILL hit anyone.

Comment

Wow, Emma! That's crazy. I hope you carry mace with you, just in case.
      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I enjoyed city life in my 20's and 30's and then became a groomer moving out of big cities. I don't miss the big cities at all. One of the last things I worry about in my not little town of 20,000 is this kind of violence. Not crime free but no predatory types. Stay safe Emma.

Comment

So glad your safe. That is a scary story.

Comment

That is sickening Emma. And completely out of my realm of understanding. How can anyone treat another person that way? I am glad you (and that woman) made it away safely.

Comment

In the 70's, there was lots of crime, but this is different. This isn't robbery for drugs. It is men who hunt people, usually targeting women or smaller men. Really hard to avoid these predators, because attacks are fast and completely random. Too fast for pepper spray.
              I try to sit close to large people. I don't expect the large people to protect me, but visually I am less of a target that way. Crazy that I need to think this way. Also I spread out like a guy. Its important to avoid looking meek or shy. In other words, I am trying not to be the lame gazelle. aargh!

Comment

Yep Emma you’re so right. Now unfortunately until say about one thousand women get terrorized like you have seen, we have to live with the regressive thinkers in our society. Sick to my stomach it makes me. But it’s a righteous anger about to rear it’s ugly head for society. It will be defeated.

Comment

I just couldn't live long in an area like that no matter how much I liked it. Glad you are safe and wise and careful Emma.

How is cat grooming business going. Working F/T?

Comment

[QUOTE=Catfancy;n1262337]I just couldn't live long in an area like that no matter how much I liked it. Glad you are safe and wise and careful Emma.

How is cat grooming business going. Working F/T?[

Thank you!!
                    Cat grooming- well housecall in general in nyc- still slow. Lots of free time to improve my mixed martial arts skills.

Comment

Emma take care!

Comment

Emma since you do have martial art skill, brass knuckles. Keep your hand equipped at all times on public transport or street. It’s easy. You’ll be able to defend yourself off someone coming at you. You’ll have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt99 View Post
                          Emma since you do have martial art skill, brass knuckles. Keep your hand equipped at all times on public transport or street. It’s easy. You’ll be able to defend yourself off someone coming at you. You’ll have a chance.
                          That was a joke, though it really would be awesome to have martial arts skills. A yelling man followed me yesterday, but he was an old and slow crazy man, not a young and fast one, ha ha.

Comment

Working...
                          X