This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nyc building rules for service visits

A couple of my clients live in doorman buildings that have forbidden service worker visits due to Covid. One building is nice, but not super fancy. The other is super fancy.

Well, my sweet client emailed me that the building is now allowing visits, but in order to visit for a claw trim and kitty brushing next week (which takes 15 minutes), I need to
    wear a mask (cool, I always do that for visits),
    have my temp taken at the front desk (uh, ok I guess),
    give the front desk my contact information to keep on file (supposedly a city rule, but other buildings haven't required it yet, and heck no!),
    and ride in the service elevator (ok).

I told her no thank you. The building clearly views service workers as a major risk. Fine. I don't go where I am not wanted.
    The sad thing is that this client is a sweetheart. Not her fault that her building is treating workers like vermin.
    I might have over reacted. Eventually I will get used to being treated like I am a danger to my clients, but the first time is a shock!

That's too bad. Could you not go as a 'friend' for a visit? Or is that not allowed?
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Can you get a burner-phone? A PO Box?

Comment

It hit me to say no when you do that contact info thing. I will not participate in any contact tracing and will fight it with my senators. Insurance companies and govt have only shown they will misuse this kind of policing. Insurance companies have tried many times to use this kind of info to deny coverage...it can all be used against you without your permission. So true, I will not vote for anyone hot on the hog to mandate that

Comment

Originally posted by Brit View Post
          It hit me to say no when you do that contact info thing. I will not participate in any contact tracing and will fight it with my senators. Insurance companies and govt have only shown they will misuse this kind of policing. Insurance companies have tried many times to use this kind of info to deny coverage...it can all be used against you without your permission. So true, I will not vote for anyone hot on the hog to mandate that
          In our state what they are or were planning was to use the national guard to do the tracing and people rose up against that. Remember a post office will give your home address to authorities if asked. Even a private mailbox service does that.

Comment

Thank you for understanding.
            Giving fake info is a good idea. It seems really weird that a private apartment building feels entitled to collect contact info from people who don't even work for them.

Comment

Did a housecall in the building where rhe NY Governor's mother lives. Temp check and contact info required. I buckled under and did it.

Comment

Remember “it’s for your safety.”

Comment

Emma you did great. Kurt, it IS for your safety!! Omg....
                  <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Its for the benefit of residents, not for the visitors like me. I already know I don't have a temperature. Residents don't need to get their temp taken, only visitors and building staff.
                    But I complied because it is their building, not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                      Its for the benefit of residents, not for the visitors like me. I already know I don't have a temperature. Residents don't need to get their temp taken, only visitors and building staff.
                      But I complied because it is their building, not mine.
                      No. If anyone there you came into contact with becomes ill you will be notified. It works both ways
                      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Debi .... Omg. I disagree.
                        it’s infringement upon privacy!!!! Period. Wear the mask, practice keeping your distance. Leave my personal info out of your database.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt99 View Post
                          Debi .... Omg. I disagree.
                          it’s infringement upon privacy!!!! Period. Wear the mask, practice keeping your distance. Leave my personal info out of your database.
                          It is NOT an infringement on privacy. The building has the right to know who comes in and goes out. For their safety and the safety of the residents. I HAD Covid-19 in Late February and have the antibodies to prove it. It is not fun. I understand the need for contact tracing. BUT if you want to enter that building that is their policy and you must comply. Just like Walmart and the like require masks and social distancing, this is really no different. TONS of places you go collect that information for reasons less important than this one.

Comment

I know 2 people in their 60's who don't know each other, they got Covid in June and said they had 2 bad days, and rested for 2 weeks at home, no hospitalization up and around now. Little nausea and headache. Overall more mild than other flus or bronchitis.

Comment

Originally posted by yankeedoodlepoodle View Post
                              I know 2 people in their 60's who don't know each other, they got Covid in June and said they had 2 bad days, and rested for 2 weeks at home, no hospitalization up and around now. Little nausea and headache. Overall more mild than other flus or bronchitis.
                              Then they got lucky. I had weeks of extreme illness. My husband felt like he was dying. He coukd not catch his breath. It varies between each person. It's not worth the risk. People DIE .some in a few days... not sure what this has to do with signing into a building to work on a cat....

Comment

Working...
                              X