Nyc update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nyc update

More traffic, more people on the subway. Some apartment buildings are still outlawing service worker visits, so I can't visit those clients.
    A client downtown had huge ground floor windows broken during the riots. People were trying to steal from a gym. Police chased someone into her building.
    Most people are wearing masks. Got lectured by someone for not wearing a mask-- outside on a quiet street in bright summer sun. My business is still slow, because so many housecall clients left nyc indefinitely. Oh well.

You’re in a tough spot. It’s turning into the 70’s there again. I won’t be around in a generations time to pick up the cheap real estate as that glorious world city keeps descending into mayhem and crime. Guess it’s always the ebb and flow of life.

Comment

The chaos going on in our state Emma is horrible and saddens me greatly. Please stay safe as you are in the thick of it. I have a grooming friend who is of Jamaican decent that lives in Albany. Everyone was blowwing her phone up when the riots started there. She said she thought someone was shooting off fireworks till people started texting and calling jer to see if she was alright.

People have seemed to loose all sense of comminity and respect for American history.
      It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
      Henry David Thoreau

Comment

You may have read about the non-stop street fireworks in some parts of NYC. Been going on for weeks. My area, luckily, is quiet, as is my travel territory for housecalls
        It is actually driving people out of the city -- the ones who can afford to leave. My guess is that some young people are usung pandemic benefits to buy fireworks.
        I lived through other nyc downturns, so feel that nyc will eventually revive, but who knows! We are sinking low.

Comment

"NYC's Wealthiest Neighborhoods Lost Between a Third and a Half of Population Since Covid Hit." From a report published today. This is why I have lost half my customers. Each wealthy ny'er employs many service people, from hair stylists to maids.
          Yikes!

Comment

They all came up here to their mansion camps! O have been watching the housing market because I'm looking to buy, hopefully. For giggles I like to look at the mansions near me starting at $800k some for a Million. Surprisingly a couple have sold!! I wouldn't be surprised of it's not city people trying to get out.
            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

House for sale near me....about 15 mins away. https://www.redfin.com/NY/Greenfield.../home/73338104
              Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Country properties are in demand in some states where people are leaving big cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post
                  House for sale near me....about 15 mins away. https://www.redfin.com/NY/Greenfield.../home/73338104
                  Beautiful home!

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post
                    They all came up here to their mansion camps! O have been watching the housing market because I'm looking to buy, hopefully. For giggles I like to look at the mansions near me starting at $800k some for a Million. Surprisingly a couple have sold!! I wouldn't be surprised of it's not city people trying to get out.
                    The only hope I have is that rich ny'ers won't want to take a huge loss on their property, so they will keep their nyc homes for a while.
                    One client is actually looking for a new office space for her company, and should be able to get a great deal since commercial property is a disaster now. Maybe people with funds will swoop in to get good deals. Hope so!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X