Tub questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tub questions

Hi everyone, I am trying to start a cats only grooming business in my home. I was thinking of starting small using the kitchen sink until I thought about worms and zoonotic diseases. I could try to use a grooming tub which drains into my bath tub, but the idea of catching something just stuck with me. The thought of tub baths for people in a tub where the cats dirty water drains makes me uneasy too. I know I can sanitize it. Maybe I am being overly cautious? Should I try to put in a separate sink just for bathing? What did others do? Any suggestions, stories, or sharing of experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Your being overly cautious.......many house call groomers bath in the kitchen sink or the clients tub. Also you should have posted this in the Home Based section, just a FYI.
    Cyn
    Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
    Last edited by Cyn; 12-23-16, 07:52 AM.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
      Your being overly cautious.......many house call groomers bath in the kitchen sink or the clients tub. Also you should have posted this in the Home Based section, just a FYI.
      Well duh...if I could read, you did post this in Home Based section. So sorry!

Comment

Lol, no biggie. I'm just glad someone replied. I'd prefer to try a home based business but I was also thinking of going to client's homes too. The thing is, if I go to their home, it's not my sink where I put my dishes. This is all because someone told me that my idea wasn't very sanitary and then the wheels started turning. Before they said it, I was excited to start at home.

Comment

As long as sink or ppls (yours) tubs are cleaned well after bathing an animal in them, there is nothing to worry about. This is what I would start with, if I were you to see if your HB biz takes off. When it does take off then you can spend some money to get a tub for the animals only.
          Wishing you the best!

Comment

A friend of mine got a utility tub from home depot and used that. 2 back legs fit in normal tub 2 front sat outside the tub. Drains into tub and raised you up from ground level. No way in h3ll would I bathe a cat on my knees in a bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
              A friend of mine got a utility tub from home depot and used that. 2 back legs fit in normal tub 2 front sat outside the tub. Drains into tub and raised you up from ground level. No way in h3ll would I bathe a cat on my knees in a bathtub.
              Yep, those utility tubs work great...and are cost effective ...my Cousin did this and when she grew she remade a bedroom into her grooming room and just moved the utility tub in there and tied it into the house plumbing so it now drains straight to sewer. It is actually larger than a lot of SS tubs, and was WAY cheaper.
              Cyn
              Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
              Last edited by Cyn; 12-24-16, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X