Grooming out of a storage building/shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming out of a storage building/shed

Any at home groomers out there that groom out of a shed or storage building instead of a garage or inside of the house?

I worked for a lady that worked out of an 8x10 once. She could house 6 cocker size dogs at once had tub and table. Worked nice. It was in backyard and she would check dogs in in home.

Comment

I've heard of this too. Heck, they make Tiny Houses out of storage sheds. Should work well for a grooming shop.

Comment

I've seen quite beautiful ones on some grooming groups that feature salons. Very cute, easy to clean

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a cedar building (8 x 12)....Don't even call it a shed or storage building.
          I have 6 xlg cages, 9 med cages, my built in tub, table, portable ac unit, tool chest, stand dryer (hv dryer hangs on the wall), 2 three drawer chests, shop vac in mine. I have plenty of room for ME to work. I also board small dogs in the xlrg cages. Building shell was 4000, build out was 3000. Already had all equipment (always updating equipment though). I pd no build out fees (hubby and I did it) so if you can't do the build out yourself, add extra money.
          My clients love my small SALON, always comment on how cute and efficient I have it set up....and it is very easy too keep spotless.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

My salon used to be a shed. It is 20 x 20. I like that it is not connected to the house.

Comment

I saw a great shop made out of a storage container. They even come with plumbing, toilets so easy to adapt.

Comment

Cutest salon I ever saw was in a bumper pull camp trailer. It was permanently parked and she built a little deck/porch on the front. It just looked like an old camp trailer with a porch from the outside but on the inside it was adorable.

Comment

Originally posted by S_Toast View Post
                  Cutest salon I ever saw was in a bumper pull camp trailer. It was permanently parked and she built a little deck/porch on the front. It just looked like an old camp trailer with a porch from the outside but on the inside it was adorable.
                  I bet it was cute! Easy to gut a camp trailer and it is already plumbed and wired (might need updating on wiring to pull our HV dryers).
                  I also added a covered porch on cedar salon building and keep flowers planted around...have some concrete dog statues, DH keeps lawn mowed, the outside makes the first impression. Second of course is a well laid out clean, cosy interior. Clients looking for a HB groomer love the homey feel.

Comment

Campy Grooming

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                      I bet it was cute! Easy to gut a camp trailer and it is already plumbed and wired (might need updating on wiring to pull our HV dryers).
                      I also added a covered porch on cedar salon building and keep flowers planted around...have some concrete dog statues, DH keeps lawn mowed, the outside makes the first impression. Second of course is a well laid out clean, cosy interior. Clients looking for a HB groomer love the homey feel.
                      Sounds really cute.

Comment

I am looking into this now. Our price here on playsheds is about $2000.00 with rent to own option. If you had these set up far from house how did you handle electric? I am thinking temporary generator. This would be 500 feet or so from house on our driveway. I will have to run line into from our power pole right there eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by cybercat View Post
                          I am looking into this now. Our price here on playsheds is about $2000.00 with rent to own option. If you had these set up far from house how did you handle electric? I am thinking temporary generator. This would be 500 feet or so from house on our driveway. I will have to run line into from our power pole right there eventually.
                          My power is connected thru my house electric.....lines were trenched over and a breaker box installed in unattached salon....other wise the power company would have come and set another meter (already have 2, one at house and one at barn so I didn't want a 3rd meter, lol). Hubs is very handy at doing all kinds of things but you can have an electrician do this. A trenching machine can be rented from most equipment rental places......do the trenches for water and power at the same time so you only have to rent the machine once. Wanted to add I am rural so not a lot of permits were needed .
                          Last edited by Cyn; 07-15-16, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Ok, I think according to you other water heater post you are to far to to this as well. You need to contact your electric company and see how they want it done.
                            It will be cheaper than a generator.
                            Last edited by Cyn; 07-15-16, 04:50 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

Do you think the gen noise would be an issue? I would think so.

Comment

Working...
                              X