Pet engraving machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet engraving machine

We were thinking about adding a portable pet tag engraving machine to our salon to add a little additional income. I know the large chain stores have them but do you have one in your salon or know someone that have one. Just trying to get any input on if we should get it and if it's worth it sales wise. Any info will be helpful.

Have you priced them? I've never seen the machines able to justify their price except maybe in the big box stores where they're probably getting a bulk lease deal. Red Dingo does mail order tags and clients can get them shipped to your store or home and we've had success with those.

Comment

I have Red dingo too, works great nobody complained about waiting some days to get it because they are a better quality than the ones you are talking about (vending machine who engrave itself, right?).

Comment

Last vet clinic I was located in had a small engraving machine ( app 14 x 14") don't remember the brand but it made NICE tags and we sold at least one to dang near every client. Humm.....something to think about.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Yes, this is a small portable one like Cyn described. The cost is 3K brand new but we found one someone was selling for less than that cost. They said they had a lot of sales from it in their grooming salon. It seems pretty convenient for clients and they get their tags right on the spot. I never owned one and was curious what other people input was regarding these types of machines and if they were using one.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectpaws1 View Post
            Yes, this is a small portable one like Cyn described. The cost is 3K brand new but we found one someone was selling for less than that cost. They said they had a lot of sales from it in their grooming salon. It seems pretty convenient for clients and they get their tags right on the spot. I never owned one and was curious what other people input was regarding these types of machines and if they were using one.
            I think it would pay for its self......clients want tags NOW and with that small machine you can put anything on the tag they want. I would have some really nice cute blanks for them to chose from. As I posted earlier.....almost all clients at vet clinic bought them and repacked them when dogs lost them, lol.

Comment

I have used ones for sell here in the ads.

Comment

You have to think about your schedule. A groomer stopping grooming to make one? Maybe if I had someone on the front desk, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by 10muddypaws View Post
                  You have to think about your schedule. A groomer stopping grooming to make one? Maybe if I had someone on the front desk, maybe.
                  That's what hit me too. I know I make more money grooming than engraving but if I had an employee already manning the front desk, possibly.

Comment

If you can type on a computer then you can program this machine to work quickly while you are checking client out.....then present them with tag and receipt at same time. Machines are easy to program.

Comment

One of the local grooming salons have one. Im not sure how much they charge for a name tag because if you bought a leash and collar you got then engrave name tag free... I thought this was an awesome idea and have been meaning to bring it up to the owners of my salon I think you're on to something good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by perfectpaws1 View Post
                        We were thinking about adding a portable pet tag engraving machine to our salon to add a little additional income. I know the large chain stores have them but do you have one in your salon or know someone that have one. Just trying to get any input on if we should get it and if it's worth it sales wise. Any info will be helpful.
                        did you go ahead??

Comment

Originally posted by violet2 View Post
                          I have used ones for sell here in the ads.
                          Do you still have them? I didn't see it listed in the ads.

Comment

Yes, we purchased the machine and love it.

Comment

What brand did you get and is it easy/reasonable to buy the replacement tags?

Comment

Working...
                              X