anyone else live with slobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else live with slobs?

Venting-for real, every day I groom I get to clean 2+ hours to just start making it look ok for anyone to come over. This combined with full time school, combined with recent sickness makes me want to scream. Not to mention shoveling lake effect snow with a bad back-ickes

I live with myself. Never used to be that way, but the house takes a back seat to the truck.

I'm really lucky tho I have 5 bathrooms to keep clean. Three in the house, one in my shop and the one in the truck. Wonderful.

Comment

I CANNOT wait to get my business into the renovated garage! Right now Molly and I are working out of the kitchen. I keep the living room as clean as possible but with 3 dogs of my own and a muddy back yard, the floor doesn't always look clean. Hannah cleans the kitchen every other day for her chores to earn her spending money but there's usually ALWAYS hair on the floor and at least 2 dishes in the sink...
      ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
      Apparently common sense isn't all that common
      *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Not anymore! Its just me and my little dog now. Yeah!

Comment

Yes that person is me. Well a reforming on any way. My hubby is not a lot better so on a busy day from the grooming room to the bathing room has clumps of hair on the carpet. I don't have school and all that other stuff to deal with but hubby is home recovering from shoulder surgry so that is one more person under foot all day.

Comment

I just watch "Hoarders" and I am perfectly happy to clean, lol. J/K Sometimes people are a PITA to live with! My kid is a piggy!

Comment

Yup, I just had my melt down on Sunday about the constant chaotic mess I live in. All of a sudden the house got clean.....hubby and kids are terrified of Mandy Meltdown....lol I shall have neatness for a couple more days if I am lucky!
              Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
              Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Originally posted by doggydivas View Post
                Yup, I just had my melt down on Sunday about the constant chaotic mess I live in. All of a sudden the house got clean.....hubby and kids are terrified of Mandy Meltdown....lol I shall have neatness for a couple more days if I am lucky!
                That's the ONLY way I ever got the house clean before: I had to have a meltdown. Now that it's just me and Hannah it's a little better.
                I just realized that it doesn't help grooming in a house that I just moved in to!!!!!
                ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

No, but, my roommate does.
                  "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                  People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                    ROFLMA! Ha I was going to say No, but my husband does! I am trying to reform,clothing is my problem,ther are stacks everywhere if i'm not careful. Like someone else said just watch that show Hoarders, that will scare you straight! LOL
                    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                    Quote:Cath

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                      Funny stuff.

My roomies (the cats) have no respect for my need for neatness. They are always leaving stuff laying around for me to pick up. Toys are EVERYWHERE, furballs are most everywhere and nose prints on the aquarium and windows. My newest little girl likes to redecorate...she takes the pillows off the couch, towels off the rack, cat beds off the furniture and drags them around the house and into a sunbeam. After all, a girl needs to be comfy while basking. Now to teach her to put her stuff away after she's done with it.

I must say, these roommates are WAY better and WAY tidier than the two-legged one that was with me for 5 years. As a very funny lady once said: KANK - Straight to the Curb. :-)
                      "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I don't groom from home, but YES I live with a slob. Fully retired from two jobs and my house has laundry (clean at least) piled evrywhere and no room EVER on any flat surface. Top it off with he never finishes any repair or chore. He pulled out kitchen cabinets one day two years ago to replace the floor. the tiles are still in the boxes int he corner of the kitchen and I still have no cabinets.......I don't have to cook at least , which is good, cause there is nowhere to do prepwork.
                        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

God's revenge

Dear Groomers,

God's revenge for procreation is "teenagers"!

Like bears they don't eat they forage. You can tell they had a midnight snack by the spaghetti sauce trails to their bedroom. Why do they put empty containers back in the frige when there is a perfectly good trashmasher in the kitchen. Do you think they could put a lid or cap back on the containers?

Could they close a cabinet door or wash a dish or replace the toilet tissue? Why is the floor where they put their cloths when they have a perfectly good chair to hang them on? Why are their cars garbage receptacles? Why do they finish everything in the frige? Do you think they could leave a dollop of cream for my coffee in the morning or a slice of bread?

Could they do their own laundry once? How about shopping for groceries or making us dinner once in a while. Sure they are busy with college and [b]girls[/b] but that is no excuse.

If I though I was going to have to live with two grown adults I really didn't want to live with because they are slobs I would have had a vasectomy at birth! I pity the girl they marry. Hope she is rich and can afford a maid. Maybe she will be able to bring them up to human standards!

Don't get me wrong, I love my children dearly and wouldn't have it any other way but........YUK. My wife and I are talking about moving out to a one bedroom apartment somewhere 3,000 miles away!

I am sure that most every parent has been in this dilemma. Can't live with them and can't live without them. I am very proud of my sons and their acomplishments but how can I get them to join the human race?

My mother used to say, [b]"Wait till you have children".[/b] I didn't understand that then but realize that's a mother’s revenge! Oh the irony. My poor wife deserves the [b]Nobel Prize![/b]

I help as much as possible but she is the Maternal Queen and runs the home and the Pet Salon and cleans it too. She has employees that help and we hire a maid once a week but it is still overwhelming. Maybe we should have had girls. Like that was our choice. Are teenage girls any better?

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                            I don't groom from home, but YES I live with a slob. Fully retired from two jobs and my house has laundry (clean at least) piled evrywhere and no room EVER on any flat surface. Top it off with he never finishes any repair or chore. He pulled out kitchen cabinets one day two years ago to replace the floor. the tiles are still in the boxes int he corner of the kitchen and I still have no cabinets.......I don't have to cook at least , which is good, cause there is nowhere to do prepwork.
                            OMG! I thought my husband was bad, lol. He at least gets things to a liveable state, and most people wouldn't notice most of the little things that are left unfinished...I don't know how you are able to put up with that...

Comment

Luckily NO!! LOL I work 40 hours at a non grooming job, I work Saturdays at a salon and groom from home on some Sunday's and some weekday evening. My husband is GREAT, he also has a very demanding job that keeps him out of the house a lot, but he cleans up after himself and helps with dishes and laundry and taking care of the dog, he cooks most of the dinners and everything. I have been blessed.
                              "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

Working...
                              X