Busy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy?

Got to thinking about how different "busy" can look for each of us.

For me, 'regular' scheduling is 1 or 2 dogs per day, 4 or 5 days a week.
    'Busy' is 2 or 3 dogs per day, 4 or 5 days a week.
    'Slammed' is 2 to 4 dogs per day, 6 days a week.
    'Exhausted' is keeping 'slammmed' up for weeks on end.
    Your definitions will look different than mine based on your energy levels and financial situation. My definition of 'busy' would in no way be able to financially support me if I was on my own, even though I am making more money than I ever have before in my 60 years.
    My client list has a little under 50 dogs, about half of which decline a regular schedule. 50% of my regulars are large dogs, and about 75% of my irregulars. I charge by the hour, so bigger dogs often translate into bigger money.
    I am hb, and work alone.

My schedule looks a great deal like yours except 85% of the dogs are large dogs. I just cannot imagine doing 5 dogs a day, that is just way to much.

Comment

Interesting how we all interpret words differently. Busy for me is a consistent 5 to 6 dogs 3 days a week. I prefer 5. I was working 4 days and doing 7 to 8 a day alone with no help. It was wearing. I am much happier working the way I am.

Comment

Normal for me at our shop is 24 or more between myself and 2 groomers assisted by bather. Before Covid it was 32 but I lost a groomer who is going mobile, no more layoffs for her.

Comment

So Yankeedoodlepoodle-with those numbers, what is your ratio of small dogs to large ones?

Comment

It’s steady strong here. Peaks and valleys though at the whim of Covid scare.

Comment

Working...
            X