Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Things Customer Hear.. new blog post by Daryl

http://groomwise.typepad.com/hair_of...mers-hear.html
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

That's good advice, my staff and I ask ourselves these questions in past, should do it more.

Comment

Thanks for the timely reminder that our clients tend to hear only the first three sentences. No, really, our clients are frequently ready to hear the negativity about their pet. Even when suggesting to clients that their lovely Fluffy needs to lose weight I say, "Food is not love." Then suggest that they play or take a walk or brush ratyher than hunt for the treats.
      One of them actually listened and the little guy showed up thinner and brushed. the owners were so pleased with themselves they were beaming, and their pup was able to walk and wiggle without getting out of breath and sitting. sometimes we do make a difference'

Comment

Great read! Very informative. I am horrible at speaking first, then thinking about what I said & how it may have been misinterpreted. I have gotten much better over the yearsn but there is always room for improvement.
        It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

So true. Some customers are more sensitive than others.

Comment

Some of our language and slang is just not understood by some pet parents. True we have to watch it.

Comment

I had an employee, for a short time, that the slightest frustration would tell the dogs they were spoiled brats. A lot of owners don't want to hear that. She would even joke about it and I would tell her if they want to spoil their dog getting it groomed here, fine with me. But stop saying that out loud.

Comment

OMG this is so true and they don't often share any offenses. I had a bather that didn't work out, she had a foul mouth, and I believe she did try to change, it did get better. But exasperated sometimes it came back even with customers around. I let her go over this.

Comment

Lewd jokes, had some issues with bathers over the years. Not only is it a sexual harassment issue, but if a customer would hear it? OMG

Comment

Just in case I make anyone answering the phone and getting someone to the phone to use the HOLD button.

Comment

Working...
                    X