Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiny shops may be perfect for you!! Part one of a series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny shops may be perfect for you!! Part one of a series.

http://groomwise.typepad.com/groomin...t-for-you.html
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I would feel happy bringing a dog to her salon. It feels like the perfect place for a small dog. When I was visiting Japan, I saw a dog groomer hand a dog to an owner through a dutch door. That's the sort of door that can be closed on the bottom, while the top half is open. The groomer worked on a very quiet side street, in a small space, and did business through the door.
    I have a fantasy of owning a tiny cat grooming salon, with dark-wood colors and books on the wall, like a cozy study.

Comment

I have a tiny shop...100 Sq ft....perfect for just me and I love it!
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Just wait till you see the other ones I'm profiling. Some of them are magnificent. And some of the girls have taken the time to do some video work for me and I am beyond impressed period as someone with 1200 square feet I am so envious of these girls
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I love this post Parti, I like watching Tiny Houses on HGTV. I wouldn't mind a tiny house except I would need 2, so I have one just for the dogs. But I would like to be in a warm area huge deck around the house where I would spend much of the day instead of inside. Now grooming, wouldn't bother me at all if I have 200 or less as long as I didn't have more than a bather, and I have a crew of 5 so no way. FUN post.

Comment

There are tiny plans by admin in his books that I saw when we did our larger shop. I can see having 300 feet and being happy. Cute place. I think if I did it again on my own I would do one of the plans by admin for a small pet only salon in an upscale area with a small pet only boutique. I love that plan, some of them really really cater to their pets with boutique stuff.

Comment

Yes! I love my tiny shop 11x11. It houses my hot water tank, and a toilet, too. I also have 3 shelves for retail items. Just do one dog at a time, but crating for 5 pets. It was so much fun putting it together to have everything I wanted. My clients love it. I do have a dutch door!
              Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

If I could find the right spot, I would actually prefer this. My place is huge and I'm the only one in it. I love it, but so much wasted space. When I opened it, it was my intention to grow it and have employees or other groomers. The business was (and is) there to support it. I'm sitting on a freaking goldmine. But no. Just me. As soon as I can find the right spot, I'm downsizing. Unless the right groomer or assistant falls from the heavens and into my outstretched hands between now and then. But I think I'm over people.

I'm actually seriously considering closing it all up and going strictly housecall. But tiny shop would work. Can't wait to see more.

Comment

I love what she did with that small space. I can't wait to see more

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                    I love what she did with that small space. I can't wait to see more
                    As long as my laptop keeps working correctly LOL there will be another part this blog this weekend. I have some absolutely stunning video that some girls have done that I want to put together

Comment

My first shop was about 210 and I was happy with it but to have more employees had to grow it. Good idea particentral.

Comment

Totally clips, "May heaven open it's floodgates and bless you with not only the right people to work for/with you but that you prosper and have to do less work in the long run"

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                          Totally clips, "May heaven open it's floodgates and bless you with not only the right people to work for/with you but that you prosper and have to do less work in the long run"
                          Sweet! Thanks!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing more tiny shops.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the great response on my little slice of grooming heaven! I will never go back to a large and overwhelming salon again!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X