Andis Deshedder tool is AMAZING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andis Deshedder tool is AMAZING!

I have looked at this tool for several years and put it off. I kept saying "I don't do a lot of desheds", I would always say to myself and it never got ordered. We started grooming a Lagatto Romagnolo and again, was told "you need this tool" and the breeder and other people showing talked my groomer out of it (he was her handler) and again, we never got one.

WELL, at the Florida NDGAA show (the Fun in the Sun) in October, I was talking to Alison Franklin from the Groomer's Mall as they were packing up and she had ONE LEFT, and she kinda nudged me saying "You won;t regret it", so I added it to my bucket with a new brush and the nail trimmers, combs and brushes I was supposed to buy. I mean what was the worst thing that could happen? It went to the G.E.A.F. or delegated to the "unused gimmicky tool drawer" - and you KNOW we all have that drawer!

read the rest of the article here:

http://groomwise.typepad.com/groomin...is-magic-.html
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I LOVE mine! What is amazing about it to me is it works on SO many different coat types. Where most other deshedders are very specific to certain types of coats.

Comment

Ok, this has been added to my Christmas list...... if Parti and Cockerlvr recommend it, then it works.
      Hey Parti, did you get the diamond bits with the well in the top in yet?

Noticed Andis also makes a Premium deshedding tool....both are same price.....I saw from video that Parti's is the reg Andis deshedding tool (color told which it was), which do you have Cockerlvr?
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
        Ok, this has been added to my Christmas list...... if Parti and Cockerlvr recommend it, then it works.
        Hey Parti, did you get the diamond bits with the well in the top in yet?

Noticed Andis also makes a Premium deshedding tool....both are same price.....I saw from video that Parti's is the reg Andis deshedding tool (color told which it was), which do you have Cockerlvr?
        The same one pictured. Now you've got me wondering about the premium lol! I really, really love mine.

Comment

Lol, I contacted GM and they said the Premium one was a bit thicker handled and a bit more ergonomic design....same price so I just now ordered the Premium one.

That is 2 things on my list that are on their way!!!! Merry Christmas to me, lol.
          Cyn
          Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
          Last edited by Cyn; 11-21-16, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I picked this green/white one up about a month ago for my long haired Doxie and LOVE it too! I use it on almost all dogs that need some hair removal. Great investment and not sharp, so hard to injure a pet with one.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyinAnaheim View Post
              I picked this green/white one up about a month ago for my long haired Doxie and LOVE it too! I use it on almost all dogs that need some hair removal. Great investment and not sharp, so hard to injure a pet with one.
              I just ordered two - 1 for home & 1 for the shop. Excited to try them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine came in today.....after work of course. Can't wait to try it! Don't think I will need it at work tomorrow but my Aussie is gonna be my test subject. He looks rough....been too busy and too sick to mess with him last couple of weeks.

Comment

Well, I did have a chance to use this AMAZING tool today. I was doing a shih with thick cottony hair.....we usually leave her 5/8th " long, but today decided to just do a FF&T. However, I wasn't pleased.....her body and legs needed something, so I tried out this new tool on her. OMG! What a difference it made. We didn't loose any length but got all the cottony **** out left the guard hair and WOW what a nice look! So I love love mine new toy
                  Thank you for posting Parti )

Comment

Exactly Cyn, it pulls out those fluffy wispy little hairs and doesn't cut the outer coat. My Doxie had hair going in 35 different directions on his back, it was crazy, and I used the Oster Rake I got in my student kit on him, didn't help much. Bought a Hauptner knife and a Grooming Stone, no help whatsoever. Then I remembered this tool mentioned at a class I took at SuperZoo by Barbara Prueckel who said she uses this instead of carding and some stripping, and I'll be darned if his coat doesn't lay flat and smooth now. Not a tool for all coats, but great item to have in the arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by cmf07 View Post
                      I just ordered two - 1 for home & 1 for the shop. Excited to try them!
                      I think you're really going to like it on your Malamutes cmf! I used it on those Huskies you saw last week and created a snow globe in the van.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyinAnaheim View Post
                        I think you're really going to like it on your Malamutes cmf! I used it on those Huskies you saw last week and created a snow globe in the van.
                        Used my new toy on our Golden @ home and today a fuzzy Golden at the salon. Like Cyn said W-O-W!!! The client Golden looks amazing and the undercoat was so easily removed. He only comes in once a year, and he looks like a different dog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you tell me how different this tool is to a Coat King? Thanks
                          Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Gotta try it.

Comment

Originally posted by stacie-gotg View Post
                              Can you tell me how different this tool is to a Coat King? Thanks
                              Parti explains the difference in the link provided in her first post.

Comment

Working...
                              X