Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder surgery is he##!.

http://groomwise.typepad.com/groomin...till-here.html
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Wow Debi! It boggles the mind to think you were still working with that level of injury. The silver lining to this cloud is that you will finally be able to work on your "secret project". Perhaps it's time to open a school as well! My dad always joked "those who cannot do, teach" (mom was a teacher). Georgia is devoid of a thorough groomers training program since Greywood Academy closed. If you need anything from up country Georgia, let me know if I can help you in any way. Be well and heal. Dawn

Comment

I learned to work with my arm bent at the elbow. Didn't realize it until the week before surgery. I groomed until the day before the surgery. we make it work. I just today however got my renewal on my health insurance and itbwent up by $239 a month next year...sigh....so shopping for insurance today. I alreqdy pay more than my car payment in premiums (i have a 2014 vehicle) and next year it would be house and car payments PLUS $30. ...sigh......
      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by wild4westies View Post
        Wow Debi! It boggles the mind to think you were still working with that level of injury. The silver lining to this cloud is that you will finally be able to work on your "secret project". Perhaps it's time to open a school as well! My dad always joked "those who cannot do, teach" (mom was a teacher). Georgia is devoid of a thorough groomers training program since Greywood Academy closed. If you need anything from up country Georgia, let me know if I can help you in any way. Be well and heal. Dawn
        I would love to have a school with about 4 students at a time. Less grooming more teaching, sure. Because I want to be out there not retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
          I learned to work with my arm bent at the elbow. Didn't realize it until the week before surgery. I groomed until the day before the surgery. we make it work. I just today however got my renewal on my health insurance and itbwent up by $239 a month next year...sigh....so shopping for insurance today. I alreqdy pay more than my car payment in premiums (i have a 2014 vehicle) and next year it would be house and car payments PLUS $30. ...sigh......
          Wow the day before!

Comment

I bruised my shoulder once and holding clippers was worse than scissoring, but both hurt. Hope you restore quickly Particentral. Cannot imagine surgery compared to a bruise.

Comment

My husband and I went to lunch today and on my way back to the shop I was almost in a car wreck. Had to Yank the car to the right to avoid getting into a wreck with the car coming into my lane from the left. The seat belt tightened on my arm and I am actually not so sure I didn't do some damage. Was told to simply keep it in the sling and watch it overnight. So anything can happen and go wrong. stupid person was coming into my lane where I was already at. unreal

Comment

I broke my leg a couple years ago and had to have a steel plate put in. Tried working sitting down with my leg elevated on a chair. Made it through one day and said NOPE! Boss wasn't too happy losing me for 6 weeks, especially because I was her only groomer at the time, but sometimes you gotta do what's best for you. So sorry you have to deal with absent minded drivers. Hope it doesn't delay your recovery in any way. Feel better soon!
                It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I hope you feel better soon!

Comment

Take care of yourself Debi.....we want to see your posts on here! Sounds like a horrendous ordeal to experience....hope you mend soon!

Comment

Hope you are getting better everyday Parti!![emoji106]🏻[emoji252][emoji190]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X