New Article on Noise Hazards from BBird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Article on Noise Hazards from BBird

Please take the time to read my latest piece on noise in the grooming salon. I've been doing some sound measuring and my conclusion is that we should be using hearing protection when we using high velocity dryers. I think this is important information. Tell me what YOU think.
    BBird

www.groomwise.com

I always use the type of ear protection that people use lawn mowing. LOL, my puppies hate it when they see me put those on cause they know what's coming...lol.
    A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

most excellant article! i noticed on the dcb chart that one of the hazards is a barking bichon. now i have a medical reason to turn them away.
      Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
      "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Originally posted by bbird View Post
        please take the time to read my latest piece on noise in the grooming salon. I've been doing some sound measuring and my conclusion is that we should be using hearing protection when we using high velocity dryers. I think this is important information. Tell me what you think.
        Bbird

www.groomwise.com

what??? I can't hear you!!!!!

Comment

Great article. I always wear my ear protection in my van, even when I am not drying the dog. Did you happen to see the Mutt Muffs on the site you recommended? Looks pretty cool, here is the link!

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/mumufordo.html
          What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Great article, thanks!! I have wearing ears muffs for years. In the differnt shops I've worked in I have taken quite a bit of kidding, but I can still hear, when they can't. I know I 've had some damage from the earlier years of mega noise levels, but at least I know better now by prtecting myself!

sittingpretty

Comment

Originally posted by workingchihuahua View Post
              i noticed on the dcb chart that one of the hazards is a barking bichon. now i have a medical reason to turn them away.
              OMG Working,,,you sure do always make me laugh! Excellent article, Barbara!!!
              Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Working...
              X