topics for my pet first aid and care blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• topics for my pet first aid and care blog

if there is a topic you would like me to cover, let me know.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Slightly a stretch for your blog maybe, but how about first aid for the groomer accidents that happen. I k now I am always cutting myself, and bites, scratches scrapes all need first aid and many people don;t know what to do when the groomer accidentaly cuts off the very tip of their finger......don;t ask how I know that.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I saw an itty bitty dog fight last night. One dog had a couple of punctures on the ear & neck. That might be something.
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Oh, yeah, and when I was at a vet's the lead tech would not wrap the ears on a matted Maltese I did so they would not swell after I shaved them. Thee owner refused to believe I did not harm her dog and never came back. Could you please teach us how to wrap them?
        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
          Slightly a stretch for your blog maybe, but how about first aid for the groomer accidents that happen. I k now I am always cutting myself, and bites, scratches scrapes all need first aid and many people don;t know what to do when the groomer accidentaly cuts off the very tip of their finger......don;t ask how I know that.
          I've used the contents of my pet first aid kit more on myself than on any pet. mine included.
          "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Thanks for the ideas.
            I have wanted to do something on groomer safety for awhile. I will also plan to do something on ear injuries including care and wrapping.
            SMP- the only problem with any puncture wound is that is closes and the bacteria stay trapped. that can cause serious problems. any puncture wound, no matter how minor, should be seen by a vet.

Comment

Originally posted by workingchihuahua View Post
              I've used the contents of my pet first aid kit more on myself than on any pet. mine included.
              I keep the makings for a compression bandage onhand. Never know when you will slice somkething off you needed! LOL AND bite care. My lip that was bitten badly was not bleeding when I got to the ER because I knew what to do. (I have photos if you want to use them).
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                I keep the makings for a compression bandage onhand. Never know when you will slice somkething off you needed! LOL AND bite care. My lip that was bitten badly was not bleeding when I got to the ER because I knew what to do. (I have photos if you want to use them).
                i will take you up on that offer. i'll pm you, when i start writing it.

Comment

Torsion/bloat if you can't get to the vet right away, or before getting to the vet.

We were at a show in Utah, and being from Nevada, didn't know where to take my friends Belgian Shepherd. The vet said if we had "passed" a tube the dog would have had a better chance. I had heard of this having Borzoi, but we were not prepared.
                  If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by stewiedog View Post
                    Torsion/bloat if you can't get to the vet right away, or before getting to the vet.

We were at a show in Utah, and being from Nevada, didn't know where to take my friends Belgian Shepherd. The vet said if we had "passed" a tube the dog would have had a better chance. I had heard of this having Borzoi, but we were not prepared.
                    what you would have needed is a bloat kit. which is bacically a long tube that you use to flip the stomach. that is way beyond the scope of my capabilities. that something that a vet would need to demostrate. sorry. but it is still a good topic to discuss and is now on my list. thanks.

Comment

Yeah, I had heard about it, (passing a tube) but never have seen it done, so I would be too afraid to try by myself.
                      If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Working...
                      X