X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Boundaries

https://groomwise.typepad.com/pet_fi...-business.html
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

People sometimes say isn't that silly a help wanted says a shop is NO DRAMA. Thank you is what I say. If you haven't experience overly drama groomers it is a real downer. Ruins the workday, totally distracting and forget any iota of team work unless they lead the drama team. I have seen this in 2 corp and a private I worked at. It is out there a lot more than I expected.

Comment

I have worked places that need boundaries after reading this. There has to be manager in some places if owner won't set them.

Comment

Good advice. In some states it is very hard to set boundaries with employees unless you do tons of groundwork. Employee handbook should have stated all the boundaries. You better have given them verbal and written warnings and fully documented them in a file, and given them warning letters and you can prove they got the letter, had in person meeting about and signed acknowledgement and you had better have offered reinforcement training too, and had that documented. 99% of the time that is what the arbitrators or judge looks at the, written record and not testimony.

Comment

Comment

I manage not only 10 employees but manage lessees in my strip center. There are fair boundaries for all of them. Its the only way. I agree when I hear people say the problem with the industry is groomer employers that don't really manage and let it ride. Well it only takes 1 employee to ruin that operation format for everyone.

Comment

Good article. I might add a boundary issue a lot of people are dealing with currently is leaving work at the door. With so many people working from home, how do you leave work stress at work? Without having that routine of leaving the house, doing your job and then coming home and leaving work at the door I think a lot of people are feeling like home is no longer thier sanctuary.

Hubby has told me about some of his co-workers are putting in 12-15 hour days because they just get going on things and there is no 5 o'clock bell telling them it's time to call it quits and go home. It's kinda sad.
              It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
              Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I am glad I have some 2 acres with my house and house and hiking trail really close like 2 blocks away. I feel entirely different and totally clear if I take a loop around my land or about 1/4 mile hike. I can really connect with nature and forget it all. It has become essential. After having breast cancer surgery I found that not releasing that interference, the work day ****, anything stressful you break down your immune system IMHO.

Comment

I just have to set some for me and the cats! I find being cat groomer working alone is so often easier.

Comment

Actually working alone and mobile with very established clientele I don't have that many issues, but it is part of orientation for new customers. I try to make it a pleasant part of getting to know them before taking them on.

Comment

Working...
                    X