Online Booking to reduce stress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Booking to reduce stress

It never fails. You get a puppy or a dog that needs extra attention, are running behind, overbooked....and the phone. Will. Not. Stop. Ringing. Wanting to throw the phone out the window is a common thing for us. No one will speak to anyone but me about booking appointments and sometimes I spend one to two hours per day on the phone. I know! It is so hard to get off the phone with clients who think you are a friend. That is how I built the business and now I am paying for it.

Continued here: https://groomwise.typepad.com/groomi...-am-a-fan.html
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I schedule by email only, but if I didn't do housecalls, I would definitely be looking at online booking. Good post. Thank you.

Comment

Well I know you haven't been so well and perhaps fingers crossed you could work the phone and front counter a half day and groom less??

Comment

Originally posted by 121groomer View Post
        Well I know you haven't been so well and perhaps fingers crossed you could work the phone and front counter a half day and groom less??
        Not likely. I dropped from 6 staff to 3. No one in this area is looking for a job. Sucks really. I'm not doing well. Lung function 70%. On a good day. Sarcoidosis is the diagnosis. Lung biopsy next month. Not something that I can worry about. Sigh.
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Email booking would be fabulous, but unfortunately I'm in Corp and online booking here means surprise doodles booked alongside a full schedule of other dogs, even if you've blocked it off.

Comment

Originally posted by tabbykitten13 View Post
            Email booking would be fabulous, but unfortunately I'm in Corp and online booking here means surprise doodles booked alongside a full schedule of other dogs, even if you've blocked it off.
            That's why I was so against it. But I have required approval set. If I don't approve the booking, it doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post

Not likely. I dropped from 6 staff to 3. No one in this area is looking for a job. Sucks really. I'm not doing well. Lung function 70%. On a good day. Sarcoidosis is the diagnosis. Lung biopsy next month. Not something that I can worry about. Sigh.
              Ugh so sorry.

Comment

I schedule by email and it has helped more than 50% of my clients now are on standing appt. PARTICENTRAL I am so sorry to hear this!

Comment

I switched to Calendly to make appointments, and it helped me, well, a lot even though my business is small. Even family members and close friends use it now to keep it more professional and adequate - that's how I "trained" them in order to help my mental health. The best thing that you can use a free version. And you can set daily limits so there won't be any "surprises" and extra-time.
                  I believe you can't change all of your clients, but maybe some of them could switch to this model?

Originally posted by Particentral View Post

So sorry to hear this!

Comment

Comment

I went to email scheduling. I am pretty booked already so it works out fine. My computer checks email every 5 minutes. My booking email goes to my mobile phone and it lets me know someone wants a call back. I answer with 10 minutes, no complaints.

Comment

You know I am glad I am mobile in that I don't have to deal with this. I have a full clientele and I just ask them occasionally to nudge a day or two. Everyone is booked out for the year. But in season for the farmer's market I work 7 days a week with a break occasionally by my sister groomer.

Comment

Working...
                        X