X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Importance of Photo Documents

https://groomwise.typepad.com/hair_o...documents.html
    New post by Daryl.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Excellent post as always.

Comment

I’ve been doing this.
      I also find it is easier to show a client a problem the dog may have with a picture.
      For instance, a goopy ear canal. I can photo, show client, zoom in on photo, show different angles.
      All this without a wiggley dog trying to greet their owner.
      And we all know that once the dog comes out to see their owner, the owner can no longer hear a thing you say.

Photographing stuff has been fabulous. I’ve even sent photos to their vet to show them what a skin condition looked like before the bath. Before I washed away the “Evidence”.

I upgraded my phone only because it had a better camera then my last one. The irony....buying a “phone” for its camera abilities! Grin!

Comment

Agree that is why I got a new phone all about the pictures. I have started recording more and more. Pictures say a thousand words.

Comment

Exactly the best thing about cells. I photo every dog we have to shave because of matting. Sores, nasty lumps you name it. I am getting better at sorting for easy reference. Smart! Pictures don't lie until you bring in photoshop.

Comment

Good topic. I am not that techie but my reception person takes all the photos off our phones when we take pix of dogs. She puts all pix in folders on the main shop computer. Every customer has a folder named after them. That's it. Anytime you want to see of a customers dogs open their folder. I get it, I can even do it.

Comment

Originally posted by coldnose View Post
              Good topic. I am not that techie but my reception person takes all the photos off our phones when we take pix of dogs. She puts all pix in folders on the main shop computer. Every customer has a folder named after them. That's it. Anytime you want to see of a customers dogs open their folder. I get it, I can even do it.
              I love organized people too.

Comment

Originally posted by coldnose View Post
                Great idea, I love this. That is pretty easy to do actually but I hadn't thought how easy it is to create a folder in seconds and dump there.

Comment

We do this all the time now.

Comment

After reading this I started taking a picture of all the dogs I groom. I did create a folder for each customer name. Then I put a folder inside each customer folder, 1 folder per dog name. Now when I talk a photo i rename it Smith-Gizmo-112119 (date) so customer name, dog name, picture date. It makes searching really easy.

Comment

My goal for the coming year is to learn how to make and use folders.

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                        My goal for the coming year is to learn how to make and use folders.
                        Very easy. Do you use Windows 7 or 10?

Comment

If so I can probably list instructions here.

Comment

Working...
                          X