Grooming Franco the Maine Coon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming Franco the Maine Coon

Love this fellow. Doesn't get baths,yay.
    I'm really enjoying seeing what my videographer comes up with. He does the cutest captions.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CinUF..._web_copy_link

You get some nice cats to groom. I rarely groom cats and before they even see me I have reports of misbehavior even at the front desk.

Comment

Neat cat. I agree you get some great cats. Emma do you think you do that because your customers are more into their cats and perhaps have the money for your services?

Comment

Nice!! I love this little videos.

Comment

Originally posted by 123Linda View Post
          Neat cat. I agree you get some great cats. Emma do you think you do that because your customers are more into their cats and perhaps have the money for your services?
          Franco is a sweetie, but you notice I have blue sleeves on? He did get annoyed. The treat focuses his attention on something happy.
          I do groom some dramatic cats. Cyrus, a cat I groomed today, must get Gabapentin before visits. I need to work fast though, because when he reaches his limit, he literally starts screaming and thrashing around like he's possessed. So cute, and SOOO overly dramatic.
          I ask prospective clients if adults can pick up and hold their cat. If they say no, I suggest they talk to their vet about Gabapentin. If they don't want to try that, I let them know I am not the right groomer for them.

Comment

Now I see the sleeves. How long does it take for the Gaba to kick in?

Comment

Originally posted by 17Super View Post
              When the vet prescribes Gabapentin, they say to give it about two hours before the visit. The main thing is that the dose must be big enough to have an effect. Many pet parents underdose --or they don't succeed in giving the medication. I was very disappointed in Gaba for a while, but now I do have some clients whose cats are more groomable after Gaba.

Comment

Originally posted by 17Super View Post
                Curious about the same thing. Is it fast or like an hour or two before?

Comment

Emma how long do you housecall visits typically last? For shorthair cat vs. longhair cat, and how much of that time do you spend with customer talk? I know cat groomers say get the groom on, don't dilly dally with grooms. Like a timeclock is running to get finished with the patience of the cats.

Comment

Originally posted by 4them View Post
                    Emma how long do you housecall visits typically last? For shorthair cat vs. longhair cat, and how much of that time do you spend with customer talk? I know cat groomers say get the groom on, don't dilly dally with grooms. Like a timeclock is running to get finished with the patience of the cats.
                    Can be as short as 15 minutes for claws & deshed on a short-haired cat who is visited weekly, or 1/2 hour for a kitty like Franco whose owner brushes him frequently. These are maintenance visits. Sometimes I also do a sani trim or bib trim. The travel to and from the appointment takes much longer than the grooming.
                    A full groom with bath on an adult long-hair takes over an hour, maybe even two hours if the coat is huge or there are mats. Blow drying!
                    A few long-time clients like to chat. I'll happily spend 15 minutes chatting since grooming can be lonely work. Most clients don't want to chat, so I am in and out without any talk.
                    I do work fast, because even a sweet cat gets tired of being messed with.

Comment

You are something else Emma. I read all your posts. Been missing a few weeks but catching up.

Comment

Well, Franco is a cat and there's only so much they take. He is a nice lookin' boy.

Comment

I think communication is so important with cats in a different way than dogs. When a cat has had enough, it's enough. Dogs are way more flexible.

Comment

Something very likable about him.

Comment

Working...
                            X