Bought the ncgia cat bathing online course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought the ncgia cat bathing online course

Actually the course is making me feel like quite the hero for bathing in housecall settings. When I started, and even now, I occasionally agreed to groom cats who really were not realistic for me, and worked with sinks ( low pressure, clogged drains, etc.) where doing a good job was impossible. The course talks about screening cats and having the right equipment to be successful.

Sinks must be hard aiming the water where you want it?

Comment

Originally posted by whitedog View Post
      Sinks must be hard aiming the water where you want it?
      If the sink doesn't have a spray nozzle, I have to move the cat around a lot, even flip them on their back.

Comment

Sounds like a handful. What else did you learn from the course?

Comment

The video covers marketing baths, assessing cats, getting cats really clean, and a bit more. Useful for salon and mobile groomers. Less useful for me as a housecall groomer, but still interesting. My one minor criticism-- the teacher is fearless around cats and great at holding on to them. She puts an air muzzle on risky cats, but doesn't wear arm coverings. Many aspiring cat groomers are going to be more fearful, less agile, and have no cat handling experience. They will certainly get scratched on their arms if they try to copy her style. I wear arm coverings because I did get scratched even with experience. So just watch it and then assess your own handling skills to decide what to wear.

Comment

Emma what type of fabric for the arm coverings. Must stop those claws.

Comment

Good question cat claws go though so much.

Comment

I closed my Etsy store, but I can mail you sleeves if you'd like. I made a bunch for my store.
                I wear my sleeves to protect against random scratches. For cats I know to be biters or whose owners warn me about behavior, I wear the lighter weight Bitebusters.
                These photo is one of my funnier sleeves. I also have simple black and white ones. Click image for larger version

Name:	djtigersinglesl.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	768.8 KB
ID:	1270608

Comment

Cool

Comment

Working...
                  X