X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seizures And The Pet Professional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJK_HLJtcVA&t=8s
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Lots of info there-thank you! Good reminders of what to watch for. Some signs are so subtle.

One other thought that occurs to me with my own seizure minpoo is not just the noise, but the vibration against his skin. Stimulation in the tub, then the air from the dryer, then brushing and finally the clippers. Several times he has had a seizure a few hours after a groom, then had one during the clipping phase. So I tried bathing and drying one day followed be clippering the next and had no seizure. Only two trials of that method so far, so could just be dumb luck.

Comment

I think environmentally induced seizures are a catch phrase for any seizure that doesn't fall into any other category.
      Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
      "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

I think you are right. Great post.

Comment

Great I enjoy watching videos. My eyes get tired after a day at work and don't want to just read.

Comment

Originally posted by poodlefeet View Post
            Lots of info there-thank you! Good reminders of what to watch for. Some signs are so subtle.

One other thought that occurs to me with my own seizure minpoo is not just the noise, but the vibration against his skin. Stimulation in the tub, then the air from the dryer, then brushing and finally the clippers. Several times he has had a seizure a few hours after a groom, then had one during the clipping phase. So I tried bathing and drying one day followed be clippering the next and had no seizure. Only two trials of that method so far, so could just be dumb luck.
            Timing? That's really interesting Poodlefeet. Let us know.

Comment

Working...
            X