Super curves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super curves?

Anyone out there use "super curves" for asian style heads? I cant spend the amount for the Usami that Itza carries, so any other brands recommended or do you just adjust with your fav face curves? How about combs for asian style faces....what are ya'll using?
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

I don't use the super curves yet but I am very tempted. As you say I adjust with my other curves. No combs for Asian faces but Itzaclip would be great for your good questions.

Comment

What I have been told by people who bought a cheaper knock off version is that they don't hold an edge past a couple weeks.
      I have not sharpened my supercurves in over a year and half! My speedy blenders either!
      If you want to see them in action I have a video on my website.
      I actually cannot use regular curves unless they are long ones. They feel too straight

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh you can use the little " muzzle makers" moon scissors, or whatever name everyone calls them. The little colored handle ones.. Not a bulking in shear. But great for fine tuning and getting every hair. They usually only cost $100 ish

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
          Oh you can use the little " muzzle makers" moon scissors, or whatever name everyone calls them. The little colored handle ones.. Not a bulking in shear. But great for fine tuning and getting every hair. They usually only cost $100 ish

Yes, those lil colored handled ones are what I have seen besides the ones you carry. I have just been adjusting with my regular curves as I don't have many requests for Asian Fusion grooms. My question about combs was would a narrower toothed comb help pull up and fluff better for the Asian style?

Comment

Great I am going to check out super curves. I didn't know a lot about them.

Comment

I found a Halfmoon comb on Amazon for $30 some odd dollars. I never tried the Utsumi but from what I can tell by mine it works just as good.
              It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
              Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                Yes, those lil colored handled ones are what I have seen besides the ones you carry. I have just been adjusting with my regular curves as I don't have many requests for Asian Fusion grooms. My question about combs was would a narrower toothed comb help pull up and fluff better for the Asian style?
                Yes and I'm not just saying this cause I sell them..I am constantly testing against other Combs and that includes the brand new cc comb with the multiple length teeth on it.
                The very fine tines on the utsumi still seperate and pull up hair that other Combs miss.

Comment

I have to admit, I do love that Utsumi comb for pulling up hair on drop coats. I still don't find much difference in the 'finish' of most coats, but it does pull up those drop coats nicely. On the other hand the anxiety I feel when it's not in it's prescribed spot may not be worth it. I almost die thinking I've lost a 75 dollar comb lol. Every time I see a knock off I'm tempted to buy it, but the tines never look as thin as the Utsumi so I don't.

As for super curves, don't have any. Probably don't know what I'm missing. I had a pair once, but promptly sold them as I didn't find them much use for my style of grooming.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                      I have to admit, I do love that Utsumi comb for pulling up hair on drop coats. I still don't find much difference in the 'finish' of most coats, but it does pull up those drop coats nicely. On the other hand the anxiety I feel when it's not in it's prescribed spot may not be worth it. I almost die thinking I've lost a 75 dollar comb lol. Every time I see a knock off I'm tempted to buy it, but the tines never look as thin as the Utsumi so I don't.

As for super curves, don't have any. Probably don't know what I'm missing. I had a pair once, but promptly sold them as I didn't find them much use for my style of grooming.
                      Yes I noticed same thing. So I never go for knocks either for it.

Comment

I have bought those super curves that don't hold a clean sharpening. Darn I hate that. So lately I work without super curves.

Comment

Originally posted by 121groomer View Post
                          I have bought those super curves that don't hold a clean sharpening. Darn I hate that. So lately I work without super curves.
                          Which brand did you buy?

Comment

Originally posted by 121groomer View Post
                            I'm assuming these are one of the knock off cheaper brands. My utsumi have held an edge going on two years now

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                              Anyone out there use "super curves" for asian style heads? I cant spend the amount for the Usami that Itza carries, so any other brands recommended or do you just adjust with your fav face curves? How about combs for asian style faces....what are ya'll using?
                              Did you find some super curves Cyn?

Comment

Working...
                              X