Heavy handed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy handed

Why am I so heavy handed with my Kenchii 5 Star blenders. My sharpener needed to adjust my brand new shears after using it only a few times. He said I need to take it easy with the scissoring, even though I thought I was okay. I never ever had teeth of shears catching.....

Probably your old thinners needed more pressure to cut, and you are used to that. It's muscle memory. You'll get acclimated to your new ones soon.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Thanks Karla, it's my first Kenchii blenders. I have only owned Geib before.

Comment

Vein take more force to use I've found. My kenchii's are lighter and balanced better. You WILL get used to it but until then try using your Geibs for the roughing in and the kenchii for finishing.

Comment

You should also work from the outside of the coat and work your way in with blenders. Think of it as trimming down in layers. If you go deep, you are forcing all the coat density into the teeth all at once. When I work mine, I'm constantly opening and closing and working it like a hedge trimmer.

Comment

Again, the blenders are acting up , I was not heavy on it at all. I called the supplier and they will try to repair it. I'm just soooo frustrated ....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
              You should also work from the outside of the coat and work your way in with blenders. Think of it as trimming down in layers. If you go deep, you are forcing all the coat density into the teeth all at once. When I work mine, I'm constantly opening and closing and working it like a hedge trimmer.
              I think you're right, but at the moment the teeth are catching again. I'm just not use to a finicky shears. My Black pearls are use to my abuse I guess... Lol.

Comment

Karla that is right for me. I try to stay with the same model and brand a lot because I don't want to get used to new pairs new models.

Comment

Originally posted by absolutebichon View Post
                  Karla that is right for me. I try to stay with the same model and brand a lot because I don't want to get used to new pairs new models.
                  What is your favourite brand if shears ? I do have Kenchii level 3 curved shears and I'm fine with them but not the blenders.

Comment

I disagree about heavy handed. It's called side pressure. They just don't fit your hand the way the others do (check the handles and hole placement and alignment). Watch how far in your is sliding. Stephen Toth did a video on side pressure. Some5imes someth8ng as simple as.a. ring or a thicker ring stops it from occuring.
                    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks Parti.

Comment

Working...
                      X