Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Right Clipper for a Cocker?

Hi there,
    I'm a pet owner doing my own grooming at home for the past year. I have a maltese and an American Cocker Spaniel. My Andis MBG-2 clippers were ok for the maltese, but when I started using them on the cocker they got really LOUD and they seem not to be efficient with her coat. I have taken them apart, cleaned the housing and blades, etc.

What would be a good, long-lasting clipper that I can use for both? I don't mind spending money, but I *would* like for this to be the last clipper I buy for awhile! Thank you - I couldn't have done it without lurking on this forum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	coker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	1139302Click image for larger version

Name:	maltese_small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1139303

I have the Andis Excel 5 speed that I love. I've never had one bit of trouble with it either. But I'll let the Cocker breeders weigh in for ya!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Your attachments are still pending so can't see clippers you are using.....could be blade drive oe just the blade needing sharping.
      However, I am in agreement with Daesue......I use the Andis Excels, have for years.....love love my 5 speed Excels. They can be a but pricey for someone not earning a living with them.
      I have a Furzone 2 speed clipper that is a very nice clipper (a back up for my back up excels, lol). I would part with them to you, if interested let me know. They have only been used 3 times and not on a whole dog then (I have used the blade for my Excels though so you would need to purchase a blade or two. Check them out on Northerntails.com, that is where I purchased them from.
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I am guessing that clipper came in a clipper 'kit'. Those are usually almost disposable clippers to be honest. Cocker hair is in a whole nother ballpark than most dogs lol! Get yourself an excel and a 7f blade for the back and you'll be a happy camper.

Comment

Will do! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X