Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Christiansen slicker brush

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chris Christiansen slicker brush

    Hey all -

    Two months ago I bought a CC mark III flat slicker brush, and I absolutely LOVED it. It was seriously like a life changing thing. Made brushing sooo much faster and easier and the dogs don't mind it at all. I used it every day on every dog in the grooming salon. But... it busted. The handle just plain fell off. I can see now that the only thing holding the handle into the actual brush is two screws, and the wood around them is completely stripped. I was a little shocked, it seems like a very insecure way to keep the parts together... in any case, I'm pretty disappointed that it broke after just a few months especially considering it was $30 or so. Is this just not a brush meant for use in the grooming salon? If so, can anybody recommend a brush that will work similarly and hold up? Has anybody else had the same problem?

    I emailed the company asking if we could arrange for a replacement but haven't heard anything back.

  • #2
    If the only problem is that the screw holes are stripped......just snap a wooden toothpick in half, stick on part in the screw hole and then the metal screw. This wooden toothpick will fill up the hole gap and make the screw tight again.

    Good Luck

    Happy screwing..........your brush

    Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

    dollysbarkingbubbles.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by hot_to_trot View Post
      Hey all -

      Two months ago I bought a CC mark III flat slicker brush, and I absolutely LOVED it. It was seriously like a life changing thing. Made brushing sooo much faster and easier and the dogs don't mind it at all. I used it every day on every dog in the grooming salon. But... it busted. The handle just plain fell off. I can see now that the only thing holding the handle into the actual brush is two screws, and the wood around them is completely stripped. I was a little shocked, it seems like a very insecure way to keep the parts together... in any case, I'm pretty disappointed that it broke after just a few months especially considering it was $30 or so. Is this just not a brush meant for use in the grooming salon? If so, can anybody recommend a brush that will work similarly and hold up? Has anybody else had the same problem?

      I emailed the company asking if we could arrange for a replacement but haven't heard anything back.
      If you want to hear back from this company, I suggest you call them.
      Dolly's fix will work....but for a 30.00 brush, I would want to speak with the company first.
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cyn View Post
        If you want to hear back from this company, I suggest you call them.
        Dolly's fix will work....but for a 30.00 brush, I would want to speak with the company first.
        I did hear back from them and sent the brush in, they said they are sending a replacement. I'm glad, but I'm worried the same thing will happen again...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by hot_to_trot View Post
          I did hear back from them and sent the brush in, they said they are sending a replacement. I'm glad, but I'm worried the same thing will happen again...
          I suppose it could happen again......if it does call them and demand your money back. Good luck.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

          Comment


          • #6
            CC grooming tools have a 6-month warranty, unless extended by the company in writing.
            http://www.chrissystems.com/customer...-warranty.aspx

            Comment

            Working...
            X