Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Andis Clipper for Professional Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Andis Clipper for Professional Use?

I've been a bather at Pet Smart for 2 years, and I'm being sent to grooming school. I had the Andis 5 Speed, but I'm hoping for something simpler and selling the 5 speed. I've came across two very similar clippers, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on which to buy.

Andis ag2 super 2 speed

Or

Andis agc2 super 2 speed

Or if there's another Andis clipper you recommend you think is better than these two, please let me know!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Help me choose an Andis Clipper

I've been a bather at Pet Smart for 2 years, and I'm being sent to grooming school. I had the Andis 5 Speed, but I'm hoping for something simpler and selling the 5 speed. I've came across two very similar clippers, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on which to buy.

Andis ag2 super 2 speed

Or

Andis agc2 super 2 speed

Or if there's another Andis clipper you recommend you think is better than these two, please let me know!

Comment

Comment

Oops. I uploaded two of the same. This is the other one.

Comment

And is 2 speed in black is for sale right now at Petedge. Under 100.00. Very good clipper.

Comment

Not understanding why you think the Excel 5 speed is not a simple clipper.....works just like the ones you posted....but better, imho.
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

If I were you, since you have already worked 2 years in the industry so there is a good chance you are going to last for a while, I would not sell your Andis that you have now and would instead add a Wahl Bravura to your collection.

Comment

Originally posted by lillypeanut View Post
                If I were you, since you have already worked 2 years in the industry so there is a good chance you are going to last for a while, I would not sell your Andis that you have now and would instead add a Wahl Bravura to your collection.
                I agree! Don't forger the SS combs for the Bravara as well.
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I'd stick with the Excel. Much easier on your hands in the long run.

If you're set on another type, I liked the square body better than the round.

Comment

Agreed. Square body is easier on my hands ( and doesn't catch hair as easy as rounded body) . But definitely add bravura w as combs. You will love it. And keep 5he others. Backup and backup your backup

Comment

Thanks everyone! I decided to keep the Excel, as I do like it for its light weight & works great for small dogs. I did go with the square bodied 2 speed as a back up. It will be here Monday. And I'm excited to try it out. I keep my Excel on speed 3 for the most part, but it still seems like it heats up quickly compared to the ones I'm using at work. I'm keeping it for its versatility. And I'm getting the 2 speed, just to make my life a little simpler for school as I'm learning and I'll be able to switch over the 5 speed if I want more power/something lighter. I wish I had checked this sooner, I would have checked out the bravara. The only thing is all my blades are Andis ceramic edge (with a few ultra edge blades), wouldn't I need Wahl blades for a Wahl Clipper?

But I do have stainless steel combs, not plastic ones. (I have plastic ones too..)

Comment

Originally posted by stormy012796 View Post
                        Thanks everyone! I decided to keep the Excel, as I do like it for its light weight & works great for small dogs. I did go with the square bodied 2 speed as a back up. It will be here Monday. And I'm excited to try it out. I keep my Excel on speed 3 for the most part, but it still seems like it heats up quickly compared to the ones I'm using at work. I'm keeping it for its versatility. And I'm getting the 2 speed, just to make my life a little simpler for school as I'm learning and I'll be able to switch over the 5 speed if I want more power/something lighter. I wish I had checked this sooner, I would have checked out the bravara. The only thing is all my blades are Andis ceramic edge (with a few ultra edge blades), wouldn't I need Wahl blades for a Wahl Clipper?

But I do have stainless steel combs, not plastic ones. (I have plastic ones too..)

The Bravura only takes one blade and that's the 5n1. It adjusts from a 9 to a 40. It's not compatible with A-5 type blades.

Comment

I wish I was more clear when I suggested the Bravura. Don't think of the Bravura as Clipper like your Andis which can handle more heavy duty grooming. Think of it as a clipper that can do a better job on certain things than your regular clippers and your regular clippers can do a better job on other things. The 2 types of clippers are complementary and essential IMO in your tool box. The Bravura is quiet, cordless and is excellent for detail work around face, ears, sanitary areas, etc ... but I wouldn't use it to go through a medium or thick coat. I use the Bravura for many things beyond what I just said, and hopefully you will get one soon and see what I mean.

It does get hot though, mine do anyway, but just takes much longer.

Comment

Love my andis super 2 speed it looks like it's from the 70s but so quiet and powerful. But also gotta luv the bravura

Comment

Working...
                            X