Clipper Shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipper Shopping

Hi! My clippers decided to die out on me this week and I'm looking to buy a new pair but I would like some reviews on some clippers. I currently have the Andis AGR Plus but am looking to try something new. I only want cordless (I'm way too clumsy to handle cords) I have used the Bravuras and love love love them but I need something that will handle all coats. Any suggestions (and preferably why)?

Thanks!

I bought the new Andis Pulse ZR lithium ion clippers at Hershey last fall, and prefer them to the Oster Volts that I had used previously. They are both great clippers, but I prefer the way the Pulse ZR sits down snugly into the base for better contact. My Volt was starting to get fussy about the contacts between the clippers and the base when I would set them back onto the stand for charging. The Andis also has higher strokes per minute for more power.

Comment

I have heard good things about the Andis Pulse but I've also heard that the blades get hot too quickly using them. Have you had any problem with that?

Comment

I don't believe there's any cordless clipper on the market that's better than a good corded clipper. It's great for a second clipper, but give me my Andis Excel for heavy duty work.

Comment

No, but I keep my blades well oiled.

Comment

I am anxious to hear about Wahl Powergrip that rosyone won here. Ship it fast admin! LOL

Comment

I love my Wahl Powergrip so far.

Comment

I like my Powergrip also. However, I find the blades do get hot faster then on my Wahl KM2. Loved my KM2s but I understand they aren't making them anymore.
                I've never had good luck with Andis anything.

And I agree with Tom. I need a corded clipper for the heavy work. Love my Bravuras for everything else.

Comment

I have a Heiniger Saphir (cordless), and it has pulled me through an entire year so far, and didn't hesitate at all during once-a-year Portie and OES season. I use a Bravura for most of my prep work and clip combs, and the Heiniger for body blades. I could never go back to corded.

Comment

So Moo. Tell me more. I haven't heard of this company. I was just on their website. Sounds like I need to buy their blades?
                    Can I use regular 4, 5, 7 blades instead of a clip-on comb?

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                      So Moo. Tell me more. I haven't heard of this company. I was just on their website. Sounds like I need to buy their blades?
                      Can I use regular 4, 5, 7 blades instead of a clip-on comb?
                      No, you don't need to buy their blades. The body is of a standard A5 clipper. I only have their #10 blade, and otherwise use the same blades I always used- for me, the blade of choice is the Wahl performance.

Comment

Thanks Moo. I'm going to check into those.

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                          Thanks Moo. I'm going to check into those.
                          Dogma, I had an email from either Groomers Choice or Cherrybrook and they had this clipper on sale.
                          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Thanks Cyn. I'll give them a call. They look interesting. It would be nice to have a cordless that handles a 5F blade

Comment

Working...
                            X