New need replace basic starter tool kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New need replace basic starter tool kit

Went to a grooming academy which came with a basic tool kit.

Short sad story, lost tools when transferring buses, now need to replace tools. It was in a travel case, totally embarrassed.

I have a budget right now of only 500 to spend, need decent tools but doesn't have to be the best, later I want to invest in more expensive tools

Going to be starting out as bather soon at a private saloon with training later down the road on doing hair cuts.

Was looking at some Buck shears on sale, is that a decent brand,?reasonably priced.

Well, went a head an ordered some supplies costing around 500, slicker brushes, nail clippers, nail grinder, shears etc. I got a cordless 5 in 1 Whal clipper. I can get a corded clipper to use with #7 blades within the next two weeks.

Correct me if I am wrong, I'm new to grooming, but if you have a 5 in 1 cordless clipper (got the attachment combs), you will needed a clipper with detachable blades so you can use like #7, #5, etc, for like matted fur?

Comment

I would definitely keep a corded pair. I recently purchased a bravura and haven't used my cords since. My clients are also seen between 2-8 weeks. That being said, backup your backup. I would keep the following as backup
      Corded clippers (I prefer Andis 2 speed. Black boxy clippers. In 16 years I have only had to purchase 2 sets due to old age)
      2- #10
      2-#7f
      2-#40
      Set of guide blades/ guard combs
      2 straight pairs of shears 7.5 in you can use on pretty much any pet you will see (remember that well constructed tools of good quality will last for a very long time)
      Small straights (you can go to Sally s beauty supply and find a decent pair for around $50/60. The only reason i have had to replace mine are due to sharpening too far )
      Thinners
      These are just my suggestions and what I keep in my oh s*1t I dropped and broke it drawer

Comment

Not too mention all this will fit in a medium metal caboodle type case or small grooming tack box. You can do every pet with these tools.

Comment

If you had waited a bit longer for responses you might have received a lot of good advice. Like I would have said go to Jeff at Northern Tails for your shears. They are super reasonably priced and great quality.

Comment

thanks for the suggestions, i will be able to buy more supplies in a few weeks and will keep this bookmarked. I was looking at the Andis 2 speed, but figured the cordless comes with 5 in 1 blades, but I'll catch up and get these supplies. Just starting out right now as a bather, no full service grooms I'm doing yet, they will train me, if they see I can handle their environment etc...

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
              If you had waited a bit longer for responses you might have received a lot of good advice. Like I would have said go to Jeff at Northern Tails for your shears. They are super reasonably priced and great quality.

thanks, I will be able to buy more supplies in 5-6 weeks and will look that up. Right now I am starting as bather, it might be a while before they let me use shears i'm guessing, they will train me to groom if I am a good fit for their company.

Comment

Look at the Furzone Sarge 610 clipper on Northern Tails site. It is a nice 2 speed clipper for a nice price.
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Working...
                X