X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingYorkie
    • Feb 2016

Chunkers

Does anyone have an opinion about chunkers? I'm looking into adding a pair I would prefer a swivel pair but any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • dogma
    Champion Member & Club 1,000
    • Jan 2007

We like the ones that Jeff at Northen Tails sells. They are reasonably priced . We bought the set of three.
    How did I ever groom without chunkers?!?! Enjoy your new toy. How fun!!

Comment

• Cyn
      Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by dogma View Post
      we like the ones that jeff at northen tails sells. They are reasonably priced . We bought the set of three.
      How did i ever groom without chunkers?!?! Enjoy your new toy. How fun!!
      ditto!
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

• Dragynwing
        Teacup Member
        • Jun 2014

I have 2 24 tooth chunkers from Jeff. I love them. I use them daily!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• kaida714
          Toy Member
          • Feb 2015

I love love love my kenchii flame chunkers. I am going to get the small chunkers from jeff as everyone here talks about. I also have oster's supersteels chunker and have had bad luck with them, but still use them on occasion. Overall, chunkers are absolutely amazing, just have to try them out and make sure they are good quality and made well.

Comment

• FlyingYorkie
            • Feb 2016

Well I loved my wife's infinity chunkers. I'm looking at the white knight chunkers from NT does anyone have opinions on those? I love the rest of my swivel shears so these might be the next addition. Thank you for the responses and thank you for any future input.

Comment

• nothingbutcats
              Teacup Member
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by FlyingYorkie View Post
              Does anyone have an opinion about chunkers? I'm looking into adding a pair I would prefer a swivel pair but any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you
              Take a look at these swivel ones from Sensei. Top of the line is my guess, but that's arguable.

I don't have that model but I love my other Sensei ones. Not inexpensive, as most great shears aren't, but I like any chance I get to use really fine tools. And once bought, the price is forgotten.

Here's also a wide assortment of their other models in what you're looking for, non-swivel.
              Sensei Shear Systems is your home of the best hairdressing shears in the hairdressing industry. We have pioneered innovations in slide cutting shears, texturizing shears. We also lead the way in dog grooming scissors and barbering shears and our shear sharpening service center has the fastest turn around time in the US

Disclaimer: no connection whatsoever with the company, etc., just a satisfied groomer.

Comment

• Cyn
                Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
                • Sep 2010

I love all my shears, chunkers, and thinners from NT.
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

• FlyingYorkie
                  • Feb 2016

Originally posted by nothingbutcats View Post
                  Take a look at these swivel ones from Sensei. Top of the line is my guess, but that's arguable.

I don't have that model but I love my other Sensei ones. Not inexpensive, as most great shears aren't, but I like any chance I get to use really fine tools. And once bought, the price is forgotten.

Here's also a wide assortment of their other models in what you're looking for, non-swivel.
                  Sensei Shear Systems is your home of the best hairdressing shears in the hairdressing industry. We have pioneered innovations in slide cutting shears, texturizing shears. We also lead the way in dog grooming scissors and barbering shears and our shear sharpening service center has the fastest turn around time in the US

Disclaimer: no connection whatsoever with the company, etc., just a satisfied groomer.
                  I love my stuff from sensei I got the 3 set at a show about 1 year ago I love them!

Comment

• FlyingYorkie
                    • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                    I love all my shears, chunkers, and thinners from NT.
                    Thank you for the response I think I'll be getting the white knight chunkers

Comment

• littlearkgroomingshoppe
                      Toy Member
                      • Jul 2014

It is crazy to me how hair citing tools and dog / cat grooming tools are one in the same (for the most part)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X