scissor material questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scissor material questions

I've been trying to do some research on shears before I head off to the show in Pasadena next week. I'm wondering what your thoughts are on VG-10 vs Molybdenum alloy and Molybdenum alloy vs 440c. I currently have a pair of shark fin gold line curves with the swivel which I do like. They're 440C. I noticed that their competition line is made of VG-10. Also Chis Christenssen celestial shears are VG-10 for half the price(thoughts?). Then there's the sensei shears which are made of Duralite Molybdenum Alloy with a Cryogenically tempered convex edge. From what I understand the VG-10 is a superior steel to the 440C but I'm having a hard time finding anything on the Molybdenum Alloy.

"... Molybdenum alloy is added to increase toughness and strength." This is a description from the Kenchii website. I use and love Kenchii shears and remembered reading about the materials there. Hope it helps a little. The VG-10 I don't know anything about so hopefully someone else can help.

Comment

Go to this website regarding VG-10 for an explanation of this steel regarding scissors........ or just Goggle VG-10

http://www.chrissystems.com/customer...education.aspx

Happy loving Goggle

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Working...
      X