Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the Best Stripping Knife

Hello my fellow groomers,

Hoping someone could refer me to a great stripping knife. Any suggestions? Thanking you in advance!

After giving a set away, I am now down to only fifteen stripping knives! Lol. Each of my knives has a specific coat type I feel it works best on. It would help to know what breed (s) you will be stripping most to recommend a specific knife, but here is one knife junkie groomers opinion. You should have a cheap set (fine and coarse) of Franklin knives ($14 @ Groomer's Mall) for all of your carding only needs. For stripping a coat, a fine and coarse McClellan set should do the job without breaking the bank (twenty something for the set of two). At thirty something for each knife, a set of Hauptner or Macknyfe might be a nice upgrade from there once you determine your needs. I LOVE my DiamaStripper set (of 2), but at one hundred fifty each, they are something I owned after using WAY cheaper knives for nineteen years. If you have the expendable income, or hand strip enough to pay them off, the DiamaStripper 's are pretty wonderful!

Comment

I have many brands too! There's some I like on Airedales, some I like on westie, it depends on the cost and breed.

Comment

Originally posted by wild4westies View Post
        I LOVE my DiamaStripper set (of 2), but at one hundred fifty each, they are something I owned after using WAY cheaper knives for nineteen years. If you have the expendable income, or hand strip enough to pay them off, the DiamaStripper 's are pretty wonderful!
        What makes them so wonderful? I've never used (or even held) an expensive stripping knife.

Comment

The DiamaStripper is great because it basically eliminates coat cutting or breakage that often occurs with regular knives if your technique is not always perfectly on point. They are electroplated with diamonds, which would be similar (but better) to using a pumice stone to strip with...lots of grip. Gets results faster than my conventional knives. The toothless tool is for topcoat/takedowns, and the tool with teeth is for undercoat/blending/and finishing. They are double ended and the small end is great for faces and individual plucking. The handles are very ergonomic and comfortable in the hand. They have a booth at the trade shows complete with Danielle Diamonds so you may try out the tools!
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow! One more post to cut-and-paste to my list of "things to buy". Thanks.

Comment

Okay I oficially hate spell check...that should have been Dandie Dinmont!

Comment

Originally posted by wild4westies View Post
                The DiamaStripper is great because it basically eliminates coat cutting or breakage that often occurs with regular knives if your technique is not always perfectly on point. They are electroplated with diamonds, which would be similar (but better) to using a pumice stone to strip with...lots of grip. Gets results faster than my conventional knives. The toothless tool is for topcoat/takedowns, and the tool with teeth is for undercoat/blending/and finishing. They are double ended and the small end is great for faces and individual plucking. The handles are very ergonomic and comfortable in the hand. They have a booth at the trade shows complete with Danielle Diamonds so you may try out the tools!
                Where do you get these?

Comment

They usually have a booth at the grooming trade shows for you to try them out first, but they are also available at any time on their website, www.diamastripper.com .

Comment

I ordered a couple a stripping stone from Ashley Craig, I tried them last Saturday, I love it!

Comment

Bumping this thread for FuzzMom.

Comment

I think Jodi Murphy just announced a signature stripping knife.

Comment

Working...
                        X