So, I splurged today. ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I splurged today. ...

After the death of my beloved F romm thinners, I purchased an economy set from kenchi. Came with a straight, curve and thinners. I have founfv that the show gear thinners work well on coarse coat like acorns and westies but not on soft coats. So after I got done working today I wentv to our groomer supply. Picked up a Bravura and a new pair of Kenchi Mustang thinners. Cant wait to use them! I have been trying to upgrade my equipment. Slow process but I hope they are as awesome as I thinkb they are

Good for you! I also did that, I slowly replaced everything with better quality abs then slowly collected back up sets for when they are away getting sharpened. Which mine haven't been done in over a year! That's how well quality shears hold an edge and I scissor a lot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I am trying to figure out what kind of dog an acorn is. I know it's autocorrect, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
        I am trying to figure out what kind of dog an acorn is. I know it's autocorrect, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
        Ha-ha, me too. Maybe cairn?

Comment

Yes a cairn. My phone thinks it knows what I mean all the time.

Comment

Yes cairns

Comment

I think I am in love! Used the bravura today. Used them on a 40 setting w the #4 plastic comb . Such a beautiful finishI didn't step on a cord once today. And the Mustangs oh my gosh! Definitely have to play around some more but love them.

Comment

Somedays grooming an acorn might be better than what is scheduled.......lol ! Auto-correct can be so frustrating, this was fun to see!

Have fun with your new Bravura, you will love it!

sittingpretty

Comment

Enjoy your new, upgraded tools! I highly recommend purchasing the Wahl stainless steel comb set for your Bravura 's next. They slip on over the blade and leave an even better finish than the plastic combs. (Imo)

Comment

Originally posted by wild4westies View Post
                    Enjoy your new, upgraded tools! I highly recommend purchasing the Wahl stainless steel comb set for your Bravura 's next. They slip on over the blade and leave an even better finish than the plastic combs. (Imo)
                    IMO as well.
                    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dusty Muzzle View Post
                      So after I got done working today I wentv to our groomer supply. Picked up a Bravura and a new pair of Kenchi Mustang thinners. Cant wait to use them! I have been trying to upgrade my equipment. Slow process but I hope they are as awesome as I thinkb they are
                      Where did you go to buy these? I checked online with groomerdepot but they don't show the Mustang thinners being in stock. They are the only groomer supply I know of in the Houston area.

Comment

Thats where I went. Call Barbara I went back and got a straight also. She had a set left had long straights and thinners. Both mustang. She can also order for you I think. And I did get ss combs. Definate ly taking some getting used to. I have only stepped on a cord once. That was cause I put my 10 on my andis.

Comment

Working...
                        X