Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moses
    replied
    Man, sounds like I am gonna end up feeding my inner scissor fiend.

Leave a comment:

• pugnacious
    replied
    I have sent shears & blades to Jeff for the past year & everything comes back like NEW!! I cannot say enough good about the chunkers. I have 2 small, 2 large & the set of 3 that includes the finer tooth thinner. My assistant has the small chunkers & I plan to get her a Christmas present larger chunker. I use these chunkers/thinners every single day on every dog!

Leave a comment:

• Cyn
    replied
    If you are asking if Jeff requires the shears he sales sent back to him for sharpening, then the answer is No. But I send everything that needs sharpening to Jeff.....he is good!

Leave a comment:

• Naturally Furry
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dusty Muzzle View Post
    Will check it out. Does Jeff require shears to be mailed to him for sharpening?
    Out of stater's I would say a definite yes.

Leave a comment:

• Naturally Furry
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragynwing View Post
    Remember, Jeff has a Black Friday sale coming up!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    I know!!! I so want a set of his convex finishing shear set that is on sale!!! Love my chunkers so now I need the complete set.

Leave a comment:

• Moses
    replied
    Will check it out. Does Jeff require shears to be mailed to him for sharpening?

Leave a comment:

• Dragynwing
    replied
    Remember, Jeff has a Black Friday sale coming up!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Moses
    replied
    I have looked at the chunkers a couple times. Every time I do my doodle I think of them. They are definately one of tools on my list. Will post a pic

Leave a comment:

• Cyn
    replied
    Yep, it will take a while to get used to new thinners since you used the old ones for so long. When you can look at Northern Tails thinners.
    And post a pic of old ones when you put in shadow box.

Leave a comment:

• pugnacious
    replied
    LOL I have combs that I've used for 35 years and have my finger prints worn in to them! Please check with Jeff at Northern Tails here for awesome thinners at unbeatable prices! Love his Chunkers!!

Leave a comment:

• Moses
    replied
    I ended up getting a set of Show Gear (think it is kenchi economy line) . The thinners are definately taking getting used to. My original pair were From 44 teeth. I believe these have 54. Much smaller spacing between the teeth. I also came up because I now have an 8 in curve and another 8 in straight. Had recently purchased an 8 in straight fromGeib. Should have known better. They were great until they needed sharpening. Now they push all coats. I had a curved pair from years ago that are my ribbon scissors. Nice set considering I didnt have too much spare money. I was saving up for for a stand dryer but que sera. Will definately do the shadow box. I owe those thinners

Leave a comment:

• Cyn
    replied
    Poor old thinners....put them in a shadow box, they deserve it. So what new thinners did you purchase?

Leave a comment:

• wild4westies
    replied
    Lol. I could instantly relate to your loss! This past summer, after 19 years of faithful service, my $4.95 Warner stripping knife was kicked to the floor and broke. Forget the fact that I have fifteen other knives, including the pricy DiamaStripper set, this was my favorite go-to tool! I say go ahead with the memorial shadow box. Maybe your shopping spree also found you buying yourself new thinning shears to ease your loss.

Leave a comment:

• Moses
    started a topic Poor thinning shears...

Poor thinning shears...

My first and only pair of thinners bit the dust on Wednesday. I almost cried. Partly because I have known them longer than any person in my house. Also because the only thinners I had for finish work have blades that are 1.75 inch long. I got them for tiny dogs. I want to get a shadow box and put them in to hang on my wall. Those thinners have been with me 16 years. Had to take a moment. Just so happened I had a slow day Thursday so I got to go shopping! Yippie .
Working...
X