Cleaning shears with cool lube...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning shears with cool lube...

So I have been cleaning my shear blades with cool lube and oiling the pivot with shear oil aver and adjusting the tension as needed. With all the controversy with cool lube on blades, should I not be using it to clean my shears?
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

I know I don't. Maybe Jeff will check in.

Comment

I use cool lube when I need to disinfect, but just a rub of oil to do general cleaning. I always make sure to use oil after the cool lube anyway, and don't really use it very often if I don't have to.

Comment

Isn't there some buildup with kool lube?

Comment

I don't allow Cool Lube anywhere near my self or my stuff. I disinfect all my shears with either Barbicide or H42, being careful to dry thoroughly after, and then oil with shear oil.

Comment

Originally posted by plaidjaguar View Post
            I don't allow Cool Lube anywhere near my self or my stuff. I disinfect all my shears with either Barbicide or H42, being careful to dry thoroughly after, and then oil with shear oil.
            ^^^^THIS^^^^^ Kool Lube is bad for our lungs!!!!!
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Barbicide works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by plaidjaguar View Post
                I just bought the H42. I was curious though as it says to wash hands immediately after use and avoid contact with skin. As that it leaves a residue on the blade, and depending on the shortness of the cut, the blade can touch the dogs skin. This seems contradictory to me as I wouldn't rebath a dog after grooming it to remove any H42 that may have been in contact with the skin. I am being to critical here?
                It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                X