Some scissors go dull faster than others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some scissors go dull faster than others

Anyone have scisscors that go dull faster, not from using them more but they dull faster?

Of course. This has a lot to do with the type of metal, quality and craftsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by kaida714 View Post
      Of course. This has a lot to do with the type of metal, quality and craftsmanship.
      So I sure wish I knew which brands or models because some say it even happens with more expensive shears too.

Comment

I think your definition of expensive is part of it too. I view anything under $500 as not expensive. Anything over $1000 as expensive. I only need to sharpen my shears once a year. I last did them last sept. Though he was the best sharpener I've ever used abs I sent them all the way to the USA from Canada. And I groom 5-6 days a week. Always fluffy scissored finishes. Never cut dirty dogs. All sharkfin shears top line ( platinum and medalist). Anna's hawks book on scissors answers your question, also how to fit v your shears, choose correct blenders for you, how they are made etc. Mngroomingpros.com for books

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't have specific references, but search these threads and google to research what metals are good for each purpose. Personally, I have a set of kenchii scorpions that have lasted a long time between sharpenings, but I only use them for finishing work on clean dogs, and never to cut through too think of a coat. I also clean and oil them on a very regular basis. I have also heard that if a shear doesn't properly fit your hand they will dull faster too. If you squeeze more with your the blades can cross cut a little and it will wear the edge down much faster.
          Last edited by kaida714; 09-26-15, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X