Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brushes you can't live without ?

Hey everyone,

So I'm sure many of you have some of those brushes in your collection that you absolutely can't be without!
    Or if there are any brushes you would recommend feel free to share them! I'm always looking for better tools to use.

Some of mine that I absolutely adore are

-My Equigroom! I love it sooo much more than the furminator, It's by far the best deshedding brush I've used
    -My T Brush from CC.. It's so comfortable in my hands and the dogs don't seem to mind it either when I'm removing mats and tangles.
    -And my Tuffer than Tangles Slicker brush

I love my t brush. I

Comment

My Equigroom brush
      My Tuffer than Tangles brush
      My Yuppie Puppy bath brush
      My Bass wooden pin brush
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
        My Equigroom brush
        My Tuffer than Tangles brush
        My Yuppie Puppy bath brush
        My Bass wooden pin brush
        This is almost identical to my list! To that I would add my CC brass pin brush, and my Les Pooch silver single.

Comment

I have pits of little , wiggly dogs ( as do most of us). I would be lost without my little ( 2 inch) pin brush with costed tips from Paw Brothers. Cheaper than l the others mentioned - yep. But I can brush out a face without as much angst as using a full size brush.

Comment

Forgot yuppie puppy. Great also

Comment

My Universal slicker and my pin brush
              Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I have yet to pick up the Yuppy Puppy brush but that one is definitely the next one to pick up on my list!

Comment

Originally posted by Moogle View Post
                  I have yet to pick up the Yuppy Puppy brush but that one is definitely the next one to pick up on my list!
                  You will love it!

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
                    Eek! As in, the red and yellow antique beast? Those slickers have VERY rough pins that scratch and cut. They demat quickly because they are sharp and can tear through mats, but they cause so much coat damage that the dog will mat significantly faster next time.

Try brushing the inside of your arm with your Universal--you will feel instantly how scratchy and painful it is. Now picture a paper skinned Maltese having to endure that over its whole body!

Do yourself a favor, toss that awful thing in the trash and get a slicker with filed pins. I recommend Tuffer Than Tangles. They are inexpensive (usually less than $10), every bit as effective for dematting as a Universal, and gentle enough to use on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
                      Karla, try a Tuffer than Tangles....you will pitch out that Universal slicker.

Comment

My les Pooch brushes. The new ones they aren't LP just aren't the same....

Comment

Originally posted by Nitewalk View Post
                          My les Pooch brushes. The new ones they aren't LP just aren't the same....
                          Are you referring to the activet ones from Germany or the ones LP is trying to pass off as the same brush they always had...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

New LP too.

Comment

So are the ActiVet or new LP brushes comparable to the old LP brushes? Are they worth the money? I'd love to get one but they're awfully expensive and if they're not as good as their reputation, I'll just wait around for another brush.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X