Clippers making blades heat up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clippers making blades heat up

So I had to use a backup clipper the other day while doing a shave down. It was a wahl clipper not sure of the model but my god these things would heat the blade up in a very short time, like a min or two. I need to purchase a backup clipper but can not afford a second set of Laube (Which I Love) but I am trying to figure out is there another clipper that doesnt get the blades that hot that fast and also a clipper that doesnt weigh a ton and not real thick....Im open to suggestions.

Thanks for your input.

Diane

Were your blades properly oiled? I find that some clippers are more forgiving of improperly oiled blades and others seem to create more friction and heat faster.

Comment

Yea my blades should of been oiled good. It may of just been the clipper. It was a single speed and maybe a multi or two speed clipper would make a difference. I just need to purchase a backup pair of clippers and really do not want something that is gonna heat blades up real fast since I am new to grooming I am also slow.

How often do you oil your blades with a shave down on a double coated dog?

Thanks
      Diane

Comment

Generally speaking the faster the clipper, and the more power it has, the faster the blades heat up. I'm not sure about your clipper. I didn't know Wahl even made a single speed clipper anymore. Unless you're using something like a Bravura. But the KM2 is a 2 speed, and the Switchblade is variable speed.

Doing a shavedown, oil the blades OFTEN. I can't give you a time frame, but they dry out pretty quickly.

Comment

Diane, the clipper you were using was a Laube Lazor (older model). That's why it's a back up pair I hate them because they heat up so fast and oiling the blade will help SOME, but they have so much power and are so FAST that the blades just blaze in no time.

Have you had any luck finding a switch? I think this is what you are looking for http://www.kimlaubecoshop.com/721821cordpack-1.aspx

Comment

Problem solved went and bought a new clipper two speed....tired of wasting time messing with clippers....needed a backup clipper anyway.. Thanks for advise ya all.

Diane

Comment

Working...
            X