Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does a hamster ball have to do with grooming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a hamster ball have to do with grooming?

No BITING! Need is the mother of invention and in this case, me not getting bit by a 2 pound 14 year old Chihuahua named Elaina was my "need".

I wanted an Air Muzzle, but somehow I just can't bring myself to spend the $70 for one, and then it's got a cut out right where I would want protection. Maybe one reason I just haven't got one yet. I've thought one would be good with as many cats as I do, too. But again the cut out is in the wrong place if the ball slips back over the shoulders...

But walking around PetCo the other day ,where I get my No Grain food for the girls (cats) I walked over and on an end cap, here sat the hamster balls..well, hey1 they already have a hole (in and out for the hamster). I added 3 zip ties to secure a line through, and today was my first chance to use it! WOW! Super cool, even "mom" thought so!

Now, they also make a ball large enough for Ferrits, didn't see a hole for in and out, probably opens in halves, but same idea for small dogs, cut a hole for the neck, but the ball would be a bull round...oh yes, air flow too.

OK, just call me cheep. LOL
    Attached Files

Awesome, and its PINK!!!

Comment

Ive been thinking about getting one for the cats.. but this is just brill And its pink!

Comment

great idea!

I taped two elizabethan collars together and wellah.. an air muzzle in all different sizes and its lightweight.

Comment

Yeah but e-collars arent PINK!!!!!!! lol

Comment

So cool

That is so neat. I've been wanting to try the double E-collar thing but thought it might be too bulky ( I have a dog who is a frantic head swinger when he tries to bite). This might be option #2

Comment

Cool idea I see her little tub-mate looking at her like what the heck.

I too was just thinking about purchasing an air muzzle

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Daze View Post
                Cool idea I see her little tub-mate looking at her like what the heck.

I too was just thinking about purchasing an air muzzle
                EEK I just went on the site to look up the air muzzle and it is $90.00 if your not a member.

Yikes it's plastic for goodness sakes.

Comment

[OK, just call me cheep. LOL ]

Not only are you cheap but you're very very clever!!!!!!!
                  "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                  Diane

Comment

Great idea and even better I have one hangin around...Will try tomorrow!

Comment

Brilliant!
                      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

How did you make it stay on? I see a string, but, can't quite do the math.
                        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

How do you keep it on their heads? I have a dog that bites severly and he gets it off and I can't get it back on.

Comment

Have you tried it a 2nd time on any pets? My main concern would be that the 2nd time they would see it coming and not allow it to be put on.

Comment

This is amazing!! I will be finding my way to a pet store promptly so I can pick up one of these. The zip ties are a great idea too!!

Comment

Working...
                              X