Roseline shears and Chris Christensen shears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roseline shears and Chris Christensen shears

My sharpener keeps telling me that Roseline shears are the best and I should get some. He doesn't sell any shears, so I know he doesn't get paid for advertising for them. If you own a pair or two, can you give me a input on them. Also, I showed him my Chris Christensen shears (he doesn't sharpen them) and he didn't seem to be so thrilled about them. He said they had burred cut( I think that what he said). Anyhow what he meant was that they weren't high quality shears. One of the curved shears I bought never cut right. I sent them to get sharpen but they seemed to cut funny, that's why I had my sharpener looked at them. I am not sure who to believe. I lean toward beliveing my sharpener, though.

I love my Roseline shears. I think that the German shears were the best that you could buy, but I was told that the Japenese metal is now the best. Depending on the type of shear that you use, I have 8" straight roseline, and I now find that they are "heavy" to use compared to the Sharkfin. I think that it really is what you want and are looking for.

Comment

I had some roselines and I hated them. My sharpener recommended them to me as well and so I gave them a try and I just wasn't impressed at all.
      My co-worker has a pair of chris christensens straights and I really like them. I never used the CC curves, but I do like my co-worker's straights. Maybe you could call CC and tell them that you think your curves cut funny. From my understanding CC has pretty good customer service. Maybe they can help you out somehow.

Comment

Roselines were my first scissors. They were quickly replaced. They do not cut as precisely as I would like and they had to be sharpened over and over. (I had several pairs so I know it wasn't just the pair!) They aren't very smooth to me either...IMO there are other brands that make better shears for the same amount of money. Not impressed.

A "burr" in the scissor is a divot in the edge of the blade. It often occurs by hitting a nail or otherwise immovable object when scissoring. Do your scissors catch when opening or closing? Opening and closing a burr makes it worse so try to avoid doing that. Most often the only way to fix a burr is to start the edge over and sharpen it out. Sometimes, at least with my Kenchiis, I can knock them out by opening and closing them a certain way. It's really hard to explain here!

P.S. My sharpener also recommended Roselines when I first started....but owning them kept him coming back to me every 2 months! I've gotten some other pairs, but now I'm going all Kenchii. I now see my sharpener about once a year, if that.
        There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

geib scissors

geib starlite cheetah only sharpen by them and they guarantee for life. they cut like butter... for real

Comment

We bought some Roseline shears for the new groomer-in-training. I thought they were awful! We had to buy a different brand because they worked so poorly. I LOVE my Chris Christensen shears. They really have been wonderful. My absolute favorites are my Geib Blue Breeze.
            "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

i tried a coworkers once. Once was enough for me... no roselines for me. stick to the CC, look into geib and kenchii too.

Comment

I love my Roseline thinners!!!

Comment

Hehehe Caissepooches- they cut like butter...for real anyways, I love my cheap Kenchiis! Yeah they do sell super expensive ones, but the customer service is awesome-I was going to order some finger rings on their site and thought hey why do I have to pay that much for shipping, so I called and asked if they could just throw them in an envelope and send them for way less than the site estimated for shipping and they were happy to. I have a bad habit of leaving my scissors on the table where dogs can push them off onto the floor but otherwise I think I'd have to have them sharpened way less!! Although I send them to Northern Tails and it doesn't cost a whole lot anyways. To me, Roselines kind of look cheap. When I worked at Petco, I had this terrible grooming manager who insisted on using these cheap shears that I swear you could bend with your hand. They would bend while cutting and she would get mad at them? The PawBrothers ones I was using when I was a bather there were even better! I know she could have afforded a pair of decent ones but whatever. To me, when buying shears I would rather spend more money initially and never have problems with them than spend $20 and throw them away after a month. Kind of like buying a car or appliance. Also, if you're looking to save, another groomer told me that companies sell refurbished ones at grooming shows for way less. Maybe even sale priced new ones? I'm not sure, I've never been to one.

Comment

Working...
                  X