Pinking Shears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinking Shears

After many loyal years of use, my pinking shears are getting dull. They are a really good quality professional model-belonged to my bf who did costumes for pro theater. Where can I get them sharpened by someone who knows what they're doing? Anyone have theirs sharpened before?
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Any good

sharpener should be able to do them for you. They just have to be done a little different, but not hard to do. DH has done mine for years , now my son does them. PM and I can give you more info.

Comment

My normal sharpener has done mine with no problems.

Scott

Comment

Pinking Shears??

New to grooming. How do you use Pinking Shears in Grooming? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by PristineGroomer2 View Post
          Just to cut fabic, like bandannas and such. Not for cutting dogs. :-)

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by PristineGroomer2 View Post
            for cutting bandannas

Comment

Actually you CAN use them to cut hair on dogs. I do it all the time when I trim heads. It's a trick, not difficult at all. Takes seconds to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                Actually you CAN use them to cut hair on dogs. I do it all the time when I trim heads. It's a trick, not difficult at all. Takes seconds to learn.
                You've really peaked my interest. What advantage do pinking shears have and do you have any pictures?

Comment

I actually use mine to trim my own hair. Leaves a nice soft, layered edge

Comment

Helly, make a video.
                    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I agree, Helly!

Comment

There's no need to make a video. It'd be the shortest one in history.

Doing heads on drop coats, like Yorkies or Maltese, when you don't want a top knot. Simply pull the hair on top of the head up, like you're going to put it in a top knot, and cut it straight across with the pinking shears. When you let it down, it has a nice, feathered look to it. No need to use blenders. You can also trim the beard with the pinking shears and get a softer look than if you use regular scissors.

Comment

sweet!

thanks for the awesome tip. That piqued my interest too.

Comment

Working...
                          X