Need help with getting shears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with getting shears

Hey everyone! I'm going to be going to grooming school very soon here, and i still haven't bought any shears. I'm still very undecided as to which ones i should get , so any help would be very much appreciated! I'm looking to spend no more than 250-300 per scissor. I still need thinning shears, straights, and curves. Thank y'all!

When you're new, in my opinion, you shouldn't go straight to the more expensive shears. You're going to drop them, almost 100% certainly. You also don't know which fit your hand the best, so don't spend too much until you're more experienced with scissoring and fitting your hand. Most shear companies have a "good, better, and best" approach to their shear lines and offer affordable "starter" lines. I would recommend Kenchii Scorpions (about $100 a pair) or Geib Entrees (about $100 a pair). If you want to go a little more, I love my set of Kenchii Five-Stars (around $375 for the set of straight, curved, and thinners + leather case). Hope that helps!
    Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldogmom View Post
      When you're new, in my opinion, you shouldn't go straight to the more expensive shears. You're going to drop them, almost 100% certainly. You also don't know which fit your hand the best, so don't spend too much until you're more experienced with scissoring and fitting your hand. Most shear companies have a "good, better, and best" approach to their shear lines and offer affordable "starter" lines. I would recommend Kenchii Scorpions (about $100 a pair) or Geib Entrees (about $100 a pair). If you want to go a little more, I love my set of Kenchii Five-Stars (around $375 for the set of straight, curved, and thinners + leather case). Hope that helps!

Thanks for the help! Do you happen to know anything about the Geib buttercut shears and blades?

Comment

Geib Shears

Geib make the best. However; just starting out...don't go expensive. Set a goal to "treat yourself" to a better pair. It took me 3 years but finally treated myself to a pair of Avanti shears...straight and curved. There is a quick $650.00. They are touted to be the sharpest blades in the world...may be. I have cut myself at least 6 times...didn't even know it until I had blood running down my hand. This is from hanging them in the shears caddy in my mobile unit...then at the end of the day...when cleaning up...Wham. I have since learned. However; with ultra-sharp comes...ultra-thin. These shears are not really meant for the mobile world unless you don't mind constantly putting them back in the 2" padded zip-up cases that they come in. Any bump...no matter how slight will throw them off and back they go for adjustment. A real pain! I love the Geib Crocs ....all are buttercut. Save a lot of money...they are sharpe...stay sharpe and are "strong".

Poochlady

Comment

Working...
        X