I just dropped...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just dropped...

$650 on new shears. I bought the Geib Blue Breeze Straights, Curves, and 46 toot Thinners. They gave me a deal for going directly through them instead of through Pet Edge. "Deal" meaning the same as the show special. Works for me, it was still $100 or so cheaper than through Pet Edge, lol.

These are workhorse shears, and I need some of those. All I've been using are convex shears and they just aren't...cutting it, no pun intended, lol.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

I thought you were going to say you dropped....your new shears! I'm jealous I love those Blue Breeze.

Comment

You'll have to let me know how you like them. I've been thinking about getting a set of the blue breeze. I couldn't decide between them or the Katanas.

Did you have the chance to use them before you bought them? I've been thinking about buying them for a few months now but couldn't find many people on this board that used them. So if you don't mind I'd love to hear a full review.

Comment

Originally posted by FurReal View Post
        I thought you were going to say you dropped....your new shears! I'm jealous I love those Blue Breeze.
        I thought so too! I dropped my new $300 swivel shark fin shears before I even got to use them! I'm such a clutz

Comment

Most of my shears are also convex. Can you tell me the difference in cutting between the convex and shears that aren't. Mine are Kenchi and I've been happy with them. I was just wondering what the difference is. I just bought a pair of Geib bent shanks and I like them really well. They have a very different feel than what I've been using. I'm still getting use to the bent shanks.
          ~*~Robin~*~
          "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

Yep. I visited Keyray at her shop and got to try hers out. I LIKED 'EM!

Tammy in Utah

Comment

No Jodi Murphy shears?
              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Awesome, enjoy! I have the Katana thinners which are very similar and they are FABULOUS!!

Comment

Originally posted by SharPeiMom View Post
                  Most of my shears are also convex. Can you tell me the difference in cutting between the convex and shears that aren't. Mine are Kenchi and I've been happy with them. I was just wondering what the difference is. I just bought a pair of Geib bent shanks and I like them really well. They have a very different feel than what I've been using. I'm still getting use to the bent shanks.
                  I was just watching Jodi Murphy's Maltese DVD and she was saying she uses her convex edge on softer coats that need light scissoring and they are very sharp.

Comment

I have had the same set for a few years now. I love them.

Comment

Well I just bought a pair of Geib Gators. Let me tell you now, you can slice the pad clean off the foot of a Pomerainian, wipe down the blood and keep going till you nick your own . Everything gets a little fuzzy after that but I can sure attest to their sharpness. If I'm still drawing blood with them a year from now, I'll know that thems is some real good scissors.

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                        Yep. I visited Keyray at her shop and got to try hers out. I LIKED 'EM!

Tammy in Utah
                        She hasn't dropped them again yet? (Just kidding Keyray )

Comment

Convex vs Not

The main difference between Convex shears and those that are not is that with Convex...the hair "pops" away from you whereas with regular shears...that will never happen. But then of course it costs $20.00 to sharpen a pair of convex shears vs $8.00 for standard shears. I have both...like them all.

Poochlady

Comment

Jedd: You think the Gators are good, you should try the SuperGators. Huge difference. You must have been using some icky shears!

I have the Crocodiles and they're pretty good...kinda between the gators and the supergators.

To the person who asked the difference. There are convex edge and they are generally a Japanese shear that are made for finish scissoring, and they do fine detail and cut through light coats.

The German shears are heavy duty and will cut through heavy thick coats (think cocker feet!) and like when my poodle got 2" long on his back and I tried to scissor it with my Convex. yeah, that didn't happen, lol, it just bent the hair.

Anyway, I am in South Korea right now, waiting for hubby to get out of the shower so we can start walkin' all over Seoul, but my Blue Breeze probably arrived the day after we left, lol.

Can't wait to use 'em!

Tammy in ....Seoul, South Korea for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                              No Jodi Murphy shears?
                              I have 2 pair of her thinners, she doesn't sell German shears.

Comment

Working...
                              X