Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andis Safe T-Light trimmer

Does anyone have one of these?

I was thinking of trying it to replace my Oster trimmer that I like to use to tidy up tiny shaved poodle feet and small dog's pads and around the lip area I thought maybe the light would be helpful finding all those stray hairs especially on little black feet.

I don't have that one, but I have it's Father...the AGCL LightSpeed. I really, really, loved it,...'til the light burned out.
    Now it just sits in my clipper hospital drawer...staring at me...unblinking.
    I really need to figure out how to replace the bulbs....cuz I miss it.
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I have it. And I am sooo disappointed. It doesn't seem to catch up the hair. The pads do not look neat and tidy. I love the light on it. But sadly it just sits around doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by FurMama View Post
        I have it. And I am sooo disappointed. It doesn't seem to catch up the hair. The pads do not look neat and tidy. I love the light on it. But sadly it just sits around doing nothing.
        I don't care what they claim...all the battery powered trimmers are a total disappointment.
        Wanna make a million? Come up w/ a battery powered trimmer/clipper that actually works well for an extended period of time.

Hey...maybe I can duct tape your lil one onto the my big one, and have a light AND a clipper that works well.
        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

T light trimmer

I just brought the T light trimmer and the AGCL, I love the AGCL lots of power, and just love the free andis lighted hand dryer that came with it through Pet Edge, but the T trimmers are a disapointment. I agree they don`t seem to catch the hair.

Comment

The AGCL is a good clipper. The lights are LEDs and should not burn out for many years. If they are not working it is mostly likely a breakage in the wire connecting the led lights to the circuit board. Soldering some new wires on will take care of it. It's a fairly common problem.

I agree with the other posts. That trimmer isn't very good. For a cheap corded trimmer I like the Wahl Tidbit and Peanut. For cordless, the Bravura and Chromado or the Laube speed feed are good trimmers. I haven't found any of the lower priced rechargeable trimmers to be much good for grooming.

Comment

Sibes for a video of you grooming with our clippers ducked taped together, I will gladly send it to you! I wanna see how this works. Maybe you could do an eye transplant from one cyborg to another?

Comment

Andis Safe-T-Light Trimmer

I have a Andis Safe-T-Light Trimmer and have only used it once. The blade is way too close - 1/150 - what were they thinking when they made this. I nicked a dog's pad with it - I wish they would offer a longer blade (like a 30mm) because other than it being too sharp, its really a neat little trimmer for doing the feet with the light. I currently use a Geib Professional Trimmer which comes with a 30 blade and offers a 10mm and a 40mm as additional replacement blades - I just wish this had a light. I love this one. Great on poodle feet.

Comment

Working...
                X